Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda Litter Watch

Options
  • 13-07-2012 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,359 ✭✭✭

Are we allowed to name and shame the litter bugs here? Or may be not-name-directly, but still somehow shame them into action?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

positron wrote: »
    Are we allowed to name and shame the litter bugs here? Or may be not-name-directly, but still somehow shame them into action?

Like companies who dump rubbish around the place or specific individuals?
    Either way i dont think so, it could be a libelous nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,359 ✭✭✭positron

You are right. But I just want to get this off my chest though:

The young lady who works in a nice establishment on Dublin Road (not Glanbia, not Blackbull Inn, not FloGas - but near by) who drives a nice white VW Golf (or Polo) - she flicked a cigarette butt out the window as she was driving along to work this morning, littering the area in the process. She did this in front of a bunch of Spanish exchange students, and ahead of a motorcyclist. Embarrassing and dangerous respectively. If she was so keen on keeping the car clean, she could have used the bin at work, just 100 meters away! Anyway, just out of principle and my dislike for butt flickers and litter bugs in general, I am going to vote with my feet - and I will not be buying any more gift vouchers from that place where she work for next six months!

That's all! :D

Perhaps complain to the actual company?

If she's management or in a higher up poisition it could be argued she's representing the company. If it's a sales assistant or such (sorry, I've no idea what company you're referring to, but guessing retail based) then it's more likely the company wont care.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

positron wrote: »
    You are right. But I just want to get this off my chest though:

The young lady who works in a nice establishment on Dublin Road (not Glanbia, not Blackbull Inn, not FloGas - but near by) who drives a nice white VW Golf (or Polo)

That's all! :D

Maybe she needs some 'therapy'

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

Mylow wrote: »
    Maybe she needs some 'therapy'

Don't be a spa... *sorry* :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,359 ✭✭✭positron

Dear lord!! If they see this, they would on the phone to me going: THIS IS SPAAAAartaaaaa.... !! :D

Advertisement