Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Religious' Holy Oil leaflet - VIRUS warning

Options
  • 13-07-2012 1:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭

I just got a leaflet in the door about a 'unique opportunity' in Liosban this Sunday: attend the UCKG HelpCentre and get a free bottle of olive oil that you can use to anoint your loved ones who are sick.

Uses of this small bottle of olive oil range from healing to clearing your debts.

They give phone numbers and a website address.

On entering the website address I got an immediate VIRUS warning from my antivirus software.

Though maybe that would be the least of your worries if you attended...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Probably a virus in the olive oil as well............. more than likely cat aids.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,475 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Don't say that. I just had it on my salad :O

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

just checked, i got mine also. it was in with a leaflet from an post about dollars and sterlings. it must be an post giving them out rather than random people.

liosban ind estate.

holy oil in a plastic shapped cross.

at the back in yellow they spell 'given' as gven

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Brazillian Pentecostal Christian church, their website is harmless, some **** anti-virus programs go mental with lots of harmless sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

I am amazed that people still buy this stuff.

Gotta rush - off to Knock to top up my holy water supplies

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

First they tease you with some free shower gel and then you're off to Namibia to convert the locals. Happened to me twice this week.

First they tease you with some free shower gel and then you're off to Namibia to convert the locals. Happened to me twice this week.

Not many non-christians left in Namabia, more likely to send you to some heathenous atheist filled hell hole, like France or Sweden or somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭factual lies

And how was Namibia? thats a lot of travelling in one week, fair play to ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Pwpane wrote: »
    On entering the website address I got an immediate VIRUS warning from my antivirus software.
    What browser you using? What AV software? What's the website?

Did it look like this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭Pwpane

biko wrote: »
    What browser you using? What AV software? What's the website?

Did it look like this?

Using AVG. The website is www.uckg.ie. I don't rem which virus it said but it wasn't malware.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

You think that's bad, I went to get some kitchiri in the market last week. Haven't let me stop drumming since.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It seems AVG is mistaken or haven't updated their own info.

https://www.virustotal.com/url/
    Clean

http://www.avgthreatlabs.com/sitereports/domain/uckg.ie
    Potentially Active Threats!

http://sitecheck.sucuri.net/results/www.uckg.ie

http://vms.drweb.com/online/?lng=en
    Clean

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

My Nod32 just kicked up a stink over it. Trojan warning.

Nod32 isn't great though.

The website is totally fine.

Advertisement