Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

australian education

Options
  • 13-07-2012 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

hey all,
    I am heading over to oz on a work holiday visa but i want to go to college when i come home to do sound engineering. My question is though could I do it over there if i got my 2nd years visa and would there be many issues with it like money and the fact i wouldnt be working the 2nd year??? any help would be great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Think you'd need a student visa to study in Australia. That used to allow you to work up to 20hrs / wk. don't know if the rules have changed. However 3rd level education is expensive in Australia if you are not a citizen so i'd check out the cost first.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jem92

hey.. i was thinking the exact same because i wanted to finish my course in melbourne... but yeah you're best off working for the year and saving up cause that's what i'm gonna do.. fees an accomodation are soo expensive and i read somewhere recently that you would need about $18,000 to fund yourself for the year? i'm not sure if its correct but it sounds about right..
    i called up visa first a few months ago and asked them could i get a first year visa, then a second year and i could get a student visa no problem.. as long as you do your regional work to stay in oz they told me it could be done.. :)
    also i think on the first and second year visas ya can study up to 3 months if thats any help to ya...

• Registered Users Posts: 5 beltofawetfish

yeah thats plenty of help thanks, had a feeling it would be expensive but where theres a will theres a way, I am sure work and college could be arranged the same as here just have to put the head down and work hard and get what i want, cheers for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

jem92 wrote: »
    hey.. i was thinking the exact same because i wanted to finish my course in melbourne... but yeah you're best off working for the year and saving up cause that's what i'm gonna do.. fees an accomodation are soo expensive and i read somewhere recently that you would need about $18,000 to fund yourself for the year? i'm not sure if its correct but it sounds about right..
    i called up visa first a few months ago and asked them could i get a first year visa, then a second year and i could get a student visa no problem.. as long as you do your regional work to stay in oz they told me it could be done.. :)
    also i think on the first and second year visas ya can study up to 3 months if thats any help to ya...
    You can study up to 4 months on a WHV but 18k a year sounds about right for a UNI course. Don't use visa first for your visa though apply online yourself and save $ you fill the same form out

Advertisement