Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC customers - you might be being overcharged

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

jvrk wrote: »
    Called up upc told about been overcharged then told I would be credited the amount for the last 13 months got bill today and only €2.27 credited to my a/c called again and was told there will be no refund a joke of a company.

You are entitled to expect any supposedly reputable company to behave honestly and with integrity without having to be asked surely?

UPC have a rep here who you should contact directly. He should be concerned about this type of abjectly wrong behaviour by UPC staff.

In the meantime complain to Comreg.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Hi not sure if this helps others but it certainly helped me. I have all 3 products basic tv with recorder, broadband and telephone of which i was being charge 82euro for monthly. So last month a letter came to say that they would be charging an extra 5 or 7euro for the privelage of having on demand tv. I looked up the website as an existing customer and there is the same package available for 66euro a month. So now I have been paying 66 + 5 for anytime phone = 71. for more channels, faster broadband (which keeps cutting out by the way) and telephone. The only difference it made was that i was saving money but it also restarted a new 12 month contract because of the changes.

While that's obviously great for you I would see that as a failure (not taking a swipe at you) as I'd be paying the price for that package that everyone else is paying. From reading all these threads on UPC I've come to the conclusion that no "price" is fixed for UPC. So many people are on the same plan but completely different prices depending on how they went about it. For instance my package on UPC is 44.88 for 25mb broadband and nothing else but I pay 29.88euro.

It's the same for a lot of people. Depending on whether they complained about paying the standalone charge, double broadband speed etc... UPC seem quite happy to price people depending on how they complain or negotiate.

Dont get me wrong this is great but that means that for those who haven't checked out the options and maybe done a bit of negotiating at the end of their contract they could be paying 33% more for their package as opposed to some who did. This is some difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭sillymoo2007

How do you know who's paying what then if they are making random charges and not pricing as per advertised ?

Lots of friends, family and colleagues with them all on similar plans/bundles all paying different amounts. Lots of evidence on threads here on boards.ie too.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭sillymoo2007

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Lots of friends, family and colleagues with them all on similar plans/bundles all paying different amounts. Lots of evidence on threads here on boards.ie too.

I didnt mean you personally I meant in more general terms, because if thats the case surely thats grounds for false advertisement or such.

• Advertisement

No it's not false advertising. They are the correct prices on the site it's just that people negotiate them down when they're out of contract or unhappy.

Advertisement