Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Macbook Pro Ram Upgrade

• 13-07-2012 2:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 222 ✭✭

Hi I have a Macbook Pro late 2011 with 4gb of ram. Lately I've noticed my mac lagging a bit and I've checked the ram usage on the activity monitor and there would be no ram free. Im just wondering would upgrading to 8gb make much difference? What is the best ram product to use and would it be difficult for me to do myself? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Ram is cheap, cheerful and easy to install. Well worth going for 8GB.

Try http://www.crucial.com/mac/

They even have a guide on how to install it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 222 ✭✭Maestro84

Its only €50, not too bad. Would it make much of a difference?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Maestro84 wrote: »
    Its only €50, not too bad. Would it make much of a difference?

More than likely it will depending on what kind of apps your running. I've 8GB in mine and I rarely get the beach ball, and if I do it lasts for 5 seconds or less. 4GB for me would be minimum. I'd say get 8GB it's worth it for such a low price.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭McFry

It's definitely worth it. I upgraded mine last year with 8GB of Crucial memory. It's very easy and I even made a small tutorial video at the time! :)

Advertisement