Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ownership of Artwork?

Options
  • 13-07-2012 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

I was wondering if anyone knows if the art that is produced in DIT is owned by the artist or the college? I ask because several pieces went missing and I don't want to cause a fuss if it turns out the teacher had the right to take them without the students permission.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭BrianDug

I don't know about Art but generally when you do something for college it is the property of the college. Examples such as projects, most colleges let you keep the stuff you created though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

As far as I am aware DIT is the only college in Ireland in which the student retains the rites to their work and I would assume the same holds true for artwork. When it comes to final year projects etc I know the student owns the intelectual property. It is definatly worth looking further into.

Advertisement