Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling property, need solicitor

Options
  • 13-07-2012 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

I have a buyer for property, and am looking to get a solicitor.

The property is in Galway.

1. Has anyone got recomendations?? , costs are a priority presently. Property will sell for well below 100K. Maybe working on percentage of sale ?

2. I have deeds, is there information that would be helpful for me to know regarding selling house. What are the average set fees, additional costs ...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

You do what you did the last time you engaged a plumber. Ring round and find that they're all too busy...

Well joking aside - ring round and get quotes - go with the second cheapest.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

The move has been away from percentage of sale towards a fixed fee or a charge based on time worked.

I'd lean towards finding a solicitor whose office is near you rather than near the property. Ask for a price, and note that outlays and VAT are usually added on to the price quoted.

Unless there are complications, you should be able to get the job done for about €1200, all-in.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Mod Note

If anyone has any solicitor recommend for the OP, please PM them on rather than posting them on thread.

I'm going to move this to the Accommodation and Property Section after the weekend.

Advertisement