Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone using imagine broadband?

Options
  • 13-07-2012 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭

Looking at alternatives to eircom etc...is anyone in the delgany / greystones area using Imagine broadband who say its a wireless service with a central box?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭tp25

I had this antenna on the chimney, it's wireless service, they will install antenna on the chimney with the wire into the modem (inside the room), so couple of holes in the external wall.

Broadband speed is just okay, not for heavy gaming or HD streaming.

Did you try UPC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

Ask for imagine business dsl instead same price, unlimited, faster support, fixed line. Superb

• Registered Users Posts: 47 jack_edson

That sounds great, moving to Delgany this weekend so looking for a good Broadband provider.

Do you need anything different to sign up for the business DSL line?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

What part of Delgany are you moving to?
    There are spots that just cannot receive the signal from the tower in Kindlestown wood.
    I live in a bit of a dip behind large trees and I could get no signal despite being within spitting distance.

In the end for me went with Eircom for a year and then switched to Magnet. OK the line is only 2Meg but at least now it is with 1:1 contention with no limits as opposed to Eircom. Had to go with Eircom for the year as I had no phone line. Even now the phone line quality is terrible and while the speed is not great it is workable - just not for heavy gaming.

Have checked with UPC etc but all that is available where I am is their TV service and there do not appear to be any plans that anyone will admit to in extending the fibre network to where I am.

Best of luck with your hunt OP - went through this a few years ago -and every year I check again calling around just to see if someone has a change in what they are offering in my area.

jack_edson wrote: »
    That sounds great, moving to Delgany this weekend so looking for a good Broadband provider.

Do you need anything different to sign up for the business DSL line?

No, just ask for business sales. No need to prove you have a company. Just noticed they upgraded me from 7.6 to 12mb!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 _SpaZ_

Out of all the providers i'v seen, Vodafone actually does a real good deal and their customer support is actually helpful. It's the fastest non-fiberoptic connection i'v seen with about 600-800kb/s on an average day.
    However, that said,
    Ask for imagine business dsl instead same price, unlimited, faster support, fixed line. Superb
    is around the same lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 jack_edson

Thanks for the info all. Having trouble getting through all the Eircom red tape to get the line already there usable. At this stage I'll just pick whoever can get me up and running before the end of the year!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 jungledrums

Imagine are rubbish. Net and phone down past 3 days same a while ago. Same excuse..... We have to replace a piece of equipment on the kindlestown hill tower... They must have replaced the whole thing 3 times over at this stage.
    As for three 3G.... Dont get me started
    For such a modern area the net service is antiquated
    Rant over...

Did you read my post? I said DSL not wireless!

Advertisement