Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Go, go, go!

• 13-07-2012 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all,

Have been following these logs and the forum in general for a while now taking advice from other posters and thought it was time to start a log myself.

So a little about myself:
    Female, 32,
    Started the C25K programme in February as a way to build up to the mini-marathon.
    Races completed to date (and times):
    Run with Ray for 5k (not chipped timed): 32 minutes
    Flora mini-marathon 10k, official time: 62 minutes
    Garden of Ireland 7k, official time: 41 minutes

My goal is to complete the half-marathon in september. Dont have an idea of a time at the moment, but this will come with more training closer to the time!

Next race is a 12k in Lusk at end of July.

My main aim when starting running was just to get out of the house for some "me" time! A 1 year old daughter combined with work left me shattered, and I found getting out every second night really perked me up and helped me sleep better and gave me more energy. The more I did it, the more I realised I enjoyed being out running.

I am following this plan for the half-marathon: http://www.halhigdon.com/training/51131/Half-Marathon-Novice-1-Training-Program however I switch the Sat and Sun as it suits me better to do my longer run on a saturday.
    I'm currently on week 5, as I plan to repeat a few weeks if needs be.
    Going well so far, however in the past week I've found it a struggle getting closer to the 4 mile mark. Not sure if I'm going on a route thats too hilly on the second half, or whether its the distance thats getting me. Either way I'm always able to finish without stopping to walk, so I just remember that for the next time I'm out.

So last night's run:
    Thurs 12th July
    4 miles, because of where I live it's a slight descent for the first half and then uphill on 2nd half. There's no other routes I can take to avoid this unfortunately. I'd prefer it the other way around!

May aswell log tonights, seeing as it's a
    Fri 13th July
    REST DAY!

Title of the thread is inspiration from my 18 month old daughter who at every race constantly shouts this from the sidelines at everyone taking part. She obviously figures they need the encouragement coming up the finish lines! :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Title of the thread is inspiration from my 18 month old daughter who at every race constantly shouts this from the sidelines at everyone taking part. She obviously figures they need the encouragement coming up the finish lines! :o

Ah how cute and she's dead right about how everyone feels coming up to the finish line :D

Best of luck with the log and half target

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Best of luck with the Log and the training for the half...never be afraid to ask any questions here on the boards as you'll more than likely get the answer immediately, as they are a great bunch of supporters & motivators .

You're little one sounds adorable!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 RunMummyRun

Thanks shazkea and younganne! Im sure ill have many many questions and need motivation along the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Every mammy needs 'me' time for sure and running is a great way to spend it :)
    Best of luck with the log and the goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭madon

Good luck on the new log,
    I done first half marathon last September on a bit of a whim but followed HH for the second one I done in March. I think I hit a bit of a low around week 5 once I got past the initial adrenalin rush that comes with the first couple of weeks, I don't know if you have a race in mind for the end of next week but do try do one- I found this gave me a great confidence boast because I could really see the improvement I made in the few weeks following a plan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Welcome to the logs RunMummyRun, best of luck with the training. Just stick with it even when motivation is low and you will become a true addict like the rest of us :D

Advertisement