Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking about getting Credit Card

Options
  • 13-07-2012 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I'm considering getting a Credit Card, mainly for purchasing online. I've been holding back on getting one for a number of years, waiting for BoI to bring out Debit Cards. I know they are bringing them out now, but after reading up on them, it seems Credit Cards are more secure, and easier to sort out if there ever was an issue (such as fraud).

I'm currently with BoI so I figure it makes sense to go with them (unless you know of a reason not to :) ), Classic Credit Card seems best.

I'm trying to understand the potential charges with the card. I will only be using the card for purchasing online, and possibly in brick and mortar shops the odd time. I won't be using cash advance or balance transfers. Please correct me if I have left anything out or are incorrect (based on these values).
    • €30 government stamp charge
    • 14.44% (0% for first 6 months) charge on any outstanding purchases not paid in full in time
    • 17.9% charge on any outstanding balance at the end of the year

So if I pay all my bills in time, I shouldn't incur any charges other than the stamp duty? Also, I have online banking setup with BoI. I should be able to pay off my credit card bills using this service without incurring any charges?

(Please point me to an existing thread on credit card charges if there is one, I couldn't find a relevant one :))

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

You might have a transaction charge on your current account whenever you pay your cc bill, but otherwise thats it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

homer911 wrote: »
    You might have a transaction charge on your current account whenever you pay your cc bill, but otherwise thats it

Great, thanks for the help :)

Advertisement