Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meeting new friends in Dublin

Options
  • 13-07-2012 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I recently moved to the city for work after finishing college, and being a country boy I don't know many people up here. I was wondering about good ways to meet people with similar interests, and thought I'd post here for some input.

I'm a 22 year old Software Engineer who loves Movies, Music, Guitar etc. I'd be happy just to have people to go to the cinema with the odd night or a few drinks, hang out etc.

Any input would be appreciated,

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭derb12

Awww no replies!
    My advice would be to join a sports club esp tennis or something like that.
    You don't have to be any good. I just heard of a recent drive by tennis clubs to get new members. Mt Pleasant in Ranelagh seems to have a great social aspect to their membership.
    Also - work colleagues. What happened to pints after work on a Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Paulj

check out meetup.com ... there's loads of dublin meetups goign on all the time.
    Also i've made friends through couchsurfing.org.
    Checkout the boards.ie meetups which happen occasionally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Brokentime

You like music and guitar? Okay, check the Dublin events listings for guitar bands and go along.

Dublin can be a cold place, though, so gird your loins, young man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Awww it must be hard to not know anyone. I almost feel like adopting you :P

What kind of music are you into? Have you been to any bars yet? Do you have any interests that you could pursue in a group setting like derb12 suggested?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭MrO

• Advertisement
Advertisement