Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paternity test who has to pay?

Options
  • 13-07-2012 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I am going to go to court to get maintenance from my baby's father but I expect he'll say he's not a father. Do you know who has to pay for paternity/dna test? I am sure he's the father anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I suspect if his name is not on the birth cert and he says he's not the father, then you'll have to pay for it because you're the one trying to prove that he is.

If his name is on the birth cert, then he'll have to pay because he's the one trying to prove that he's not.

Is this in Ireland? Do paternity tests have any legal standing in this country?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 elizabethvic

Yes it is in Ireland.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

I am going to go to court to get maintenance from my baby's father but I expect he'll say he's not a father. Do you know who has to pay for paternity/dna test? I am sure he's the father anyway.

Your post aided an ad that appeared upon my reading of same .. €411

http://www.ddc-ireland.com/service_court_paternity.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I think if he contests paternity in court then the judge will order him to pay but if he's not the father then the judge will order you to return the cost to him.

Ask your solicitor or the Free Legal Advice Centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

elizabethvic: you have your answer to this question so I'm going to close this.

I'm going to be blunt here: we are not here for you to search out your ex-boyfriend's location and then figure out his and your liabilities regarding costs for tests. If you have found him in England and are now taking him to court in either jurisdiction then speak to your solicitor or FLAC. If you haven't found him then, once again, talk to your solicitor or FLAC.

Either way - the fact that you have informed us that you are now taking him to court makes this a closed topic here. Legal advice is not allowed and family court cases are private.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement