Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Davitt Road site clean up

Options
  • 13-07-2012 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Does anyone know what's going on re the clean up of the industrial site off Davitt Road? I live nearby and hear all the noise. I thought the company that had bought the site went bankrupt and hence could not tear down the rest of the buildings. So wondering if anyone else has bought the site now or is it the council doing the work as the site has been abandoned for a good while at this stage?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭Danye

Blumentopf wrote: »
    Does anyone know what's going on re the clean up of the industrial site off Davitt Road? I live nearby and hear all the noise. I thought the company that had bought the site went bankrupt and hence could not tear down the rest of the buildings. So wondering if anyone else has bought the site now or is it the council doing the work as the site has been abandoned for a good while at this stage?

That site is now owned by the banks. When a site is left derelict whoever is in possession of the site could be charged by the council for the site being left derelict.

So it's just being cleaned up.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Blumentopf

That's great, thanks for the info!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭Danye

Blumentopf wrote: »
    That's great, thanks for the info!

No problem :)

At least it's being cleaned up. It was / is an awful eye sore. Shame they can't do anything more constructive with it. The area is badly in need of some recreational facilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭cltt97

Totally agree!

Advertisement