Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wifi hotspot feature disabled

Options
  • 13-07-2012 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭

Hi there. I have a HTC Desire HD on three and until this morning was able to use its WiFi hotspot feature so as I could use my laptop off it. Three are after disabling it now so no more WiFi for me it would seem.

Does anybody know of any decent apps that can reinstate this feature? I'm gonna be upgrading to HTC One X in a few weeks so if Ye know of any apps that work on one or the other phone, or even both, that would be great.

Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Did 3 tell you it was disabled, or are you guessing that it is? Are you on 3pay or did you sign up or upgrade after 1/1/12?
    This is important to a lot of people, so any info I guess would be gratefully received.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

This might fix it. I'd say the party is nearly over if Vodafone have any say in 3 data allowances from August.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

If the phone and contract predate 2012 then 3 are bang out if order.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

pajopearl wrote: »
    Hi there. I have a HTC Desire HD on three and until this morning was able to use its WiFi hotspot feature so as I could use my laptop off it. Three are after disabling it now so no more WiFi for me it would seem.

Does anybody know of any decent apps that can reinstate this feature? I'm gonna be upgrading to HTC One X in a few weeks so if Ye know of any apps that work on one or the other phone, or even both, that would be great.

Cheers.
    Questions, Did you do a firmware update today or over the last few weeks? Are you on stock 3 firmware? Did you have the phone/number on Three before Christmas?
    Do you think I look sexy?
    Have you tested other apps for Internet sharing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

This might fix it. I'd say the party is nearly over if Vodafone have any say in 3 data allowances from August.
    Why would Vodafone have any input into what Three offer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    If the phone and contract predate 2012 then 3 are bang out if order.

This, if it does predate 2012 then forget about your apps and get onto three and speak to them, tethering was only disabled for all new contracts after the 1st of jan 2012. For what itis worth I am a pre 2012 customer and my tethering is still working so it may be some sort of glitch

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 169 ✭✭skoomi

So does anybody know how to circumvent this? I'm thinking of getting a three sim but only if i can tether.

Advertisement