Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel Insurance-flying home for sick relative

Options
  • 13-07-2012 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hi, could anyone advise me on a good travel insurance. We are going to Europe soon and have a very sick relative at home. If anything should happen we will have to fly home. I would imagine our GP would provide us with certs if needs be but is there insurance that would cover this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Almost certainly not, because the relative is already ill.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Even if they weren't already ill, I can't imagine any travel insurance covering travel expenses because you have to go to a funeral. Nor should it imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Insurance normally does cover a close family member critically ill or dying, but only when it is unexpected. You cannot insure this as its possible or likely you may have to claim on it.

Advertisement