Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB awkward or what

Options
  • 13-07-2012 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Maybe I am missing something but more and more I find ringing the ESB for anything so:eek: :confused: :mad:.
    Yet again, today I thought it would be prudent of me to ring for clarification, when the guy who is hoping to paint our house turned up, but decided to power wash it first.
    As we have an overhead supply , my query was to find out if it would be ok for me to let the powerwashing be done at this point/location.
    After listening to all those options:confused:( who in Gods name made them up?)
    I picked one and was answered by a lady who suggested that if I thought it unsafe ,then not to proceed:rolleyes:
    I asked if I may speak with someone who may be able to answer my query, to be told Icould have the cables sleeved but it could take up to 10days:o
    I explained how the guy was here , NOW and it was suggested that it may have to be looked at first.
    So, you,ve guessed it I thanked her for her help:rolleyes::(
    Just because Mr Boss @ ESB earns 1900 euro per DAY they dont have to justify his keep:rolleyes: by making things sooo hard/unhelpful.
    Have a good weekend:cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Do you really expect them to give you an answer over the fone without seeing the wires themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

^^+1 Exactly. And I don't see how them not jumping* because the OP's guy was there NOW makes them difficult or unhelpful. If anything it's a reflection on the OP's and/or his painter's lack of forward planning.
    The problem doesn't lie with ESB.

*To give a qualified answer or come to assess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Hi all,
    Maybe I am missing something but more and more I find ringing the ESB for anything so:eek: :confused: :mad:.
    Yet again, today I thought it would be prudent of me to ring for clarification, when the guy who is hoping to paint our house turned up, but decided to power wash it first.
    As we have an overhead supply , my query was to find out if it would be ok for me to let the powerwashing be done at this point/location.
    After listening to all those options:confused:( who in Gods name made them up?)
    I picked one and was answered by a lady who suggested that if I thought it unsafe ,then not to proceed:rolleyes:
    I asked if I may speak with someone who may be able to answer my query, to be told Icould have the cables sleeved but it could take up to 10days:o
    I explained how the guy was here , NOW and it was suggested that it may have to be looked at first.
    So, you,ve guessed it I thanked her for her help:rolleyes::(
    Just because Mr Boss @ ESB earns 1900 euro per DAY they dont have to justify his keep:rolleyes: by making things sooo hard/unhelpful.
    Have a good weekend:cool:

So you rang when the guy was at your house? What exactly were they going to do for you at that stage? What does 'Mr Boss' have to do with anything? Did you think he'd 'earn his keep' by teleporting to your house and sleeving your cables?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭Tow

Why was this thread moved to Electric Ireland?

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

This has nothing to do with Electric Ireland. Who thought to move it here? They are a supply company - no different to Airtricity. He may as well rant on a Bord Gais thread.

Anyway, what a nonsense. Phoning to know if somebody, already on site, should powerwash around electricity aerials! :rolleyes: How the hell would the call centre staff know the condition of your aerials. If in doubt don't do it. Really you should have got someone to visit the site before hand. You got the right advice. leave it alone if unsure of the safety and log a call to have the wires sleeved if you want to protect the contractor. What did you want? Instant satellite shot of you house straight to ESB Networks staff and an instant callout to facilitate powerwashing a wall!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 ed electrical

'lack of planing on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part'

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Anyway, what a nonsense. Phoning to know if somebody, already on site, should powerwash around electricity aerials! :rolleyes: How the hell would the call centre staff know the condition of your aerials. If in doubt don't do it. ...
    Agreed and excessive use of !s usually betrays the level of nonsense.

Ding Dong (doorbell)

"Hello dere, I'm from RTE / Sky your electricity supplier. I need to read your meter."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

moved to conspiracy theories

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

mathepac wrote: »
    Agreed and excessive use of !s usually betrays the level of nonsense.

Ding Dong (doorbell)

"Hello dere, I'm from RTE / Sky your electricity supplier. I need to read your meter."

Sorry, you have completely lost me there. The overhead supply to a domestic premises connects to the house at the aerials. I don't get your reference to the type of aerial used for TV. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I don't see any point in leaving this thread open, it's just going to invite more +1s or an unnecessary argument. 100% wind up.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement