Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

help! iPhone 4 issue!

• 13-07-2012 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Help with replacement? Don't want to mess this up!
    Okay hi guys! First time posting on this page and I'm just looking for some advice really! So basically my iPhone 4 was stolen but luckily I had insurance and got a replacement one sent to me through the insurance company. Not so luckily, the replacement phone was faulty and had loads of weird techy issues! (microphone wont work, can't go onto the Internet even when I have credit, won't sync properly to iTunes, and I swear it's deleting songs off itself!) So obviously I called the apple helpline to report it and they said that I was guaranteed a repair or replacement under my warranty, which is great. So I was waiting for them to send me out a box so I could send my iPhone back to them when I dropped it! And now there's a little crack on the top left hand corner just over the camera! Is my warranty now void because of this crack? Like will they just look at the crack straight away in the repair centre and say that thats the problem? Is there anyway I can prove that the drop has nothing to do with the problems? And sorry this is so long but last question! What is the best way to go about getting my replacement? It's just I really can't afford to pay anything for repairs and this should be covered my warranty! I'm just worried the crack is going to damage my request! Anyone have anything similar to them happen or am I just really unlucky? Thanks anyways guys and sorry for boring you with my rant!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Chance sending it in, nothing to loose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Okay hi guys! First time posting on this page and I'm just looking for some advice really!

So basically my iPhone 4 was stolen but luckily I had insurance and got a replacement one sent to me through the insurance company.
    Not so luckily, the replacement phone was faulty and had loads of weird techy issues! (microphone wont work, can't go onto the Internet even when I have credit, won't sync properly to iTunes, and I swear it's deleting songs off itself!)
    So obviously I called the apple helpline to report it and they said that I was guaranteed a repair or replacement under my warranty, which is great.

So I was waiting for them to send me out a box so I could send my iPhone back to them when I dropped it!
    And now there's a little crack on the top left hand corner just over the camera! Is my warranty now void because of this crack? Like will they just look at the crack straight away in the repair centre and say that thats the problem?
    Is there anyway I can prove that the drop has nothing to do with the problems?
    And sorry this is so long but last question! What is the best way to go about getting my replacement? It's just I really can't afford to pay anything for repairs and this should be covered my warranty! I'm just worried the crack is going to damage my request! Anyone have anything similar to them happen or am I just really unlucky? Thanks anyways guys and sorry for boring you with my rant!

Too bad about the drop, that could mess things up for you but really, only Apple can say that.
    If they can recreate the issues you've been having with the software maybe they'll just give you a phone, or not. It's really only them that can say for sure.
    Ring the same helpdesk and ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 murphyisgreat

biko wrote: »
    Okay hi guys! First time posting on this page and I'm just looking for some advice really!

So basically my iPhone 4 was stolen but luckily I had insurance and got a replacement one sent to me through the insurance company.
    Not so luckily, the replacement phone was faulty and had loads of weird techy issues! (microphone wont work, can't go onto the Internet even when I have credit, won't sync properly to iTunes, and I swear it's deleting songs off itself!)
    So obviously I called the apple helpline to report it and they said that I was guaranteed a repair or replacement under my warranty, which is great.

So I was waiting for them to send me out a box so I could send my iPhone back to them when I dropped it!
    And now there's a little crack on the top left hand corner just over the camera! Is my warranty now void because of this crack? Like will they just look at the crack straight away in the repair centre and say that thats the problem?
    Is there anyway I can prove that the drop has nothing to do with the problems?
    And sorry this is so long but last question! What is the best way to go about getting my replacement? It's just I really can't afford to pay anything for repairs and this should be covered my warranty! I'm just worried the crack is going to damage my request! Anyone have anything similar to them happen or am I just really unlucky? Thanks anyways guys and sorry for boring you with my rant!

Too bad about the drop, that could mess things up for you but really, only Apple can say that.
    If they can recreate the issues you've been having with the software maybe they'll just give you a phone, or not. It's really only them that can say for sure.
    Ring the same helpdesk and ask?

Yeah I'll try calling them and explaining it and maybe they'll feel bad for me? :p It's just when it goes off to be repaired in the repair centre, how are they going to know that the drop had nothing to do with it. Like they could just blame all the defects on the crack! Grrr so annoying! Thanks anyways! I'll chance it!

They don't repair iPhones when you send them in. They have a quick look and ship a refurbished one straight back to you. By phoning them your only drawing attention to it. Send it in and see, they'll probably replace it. If they send it back then call them and plead your case.

gpf101 wrote: »
    They don't repair iPhones when you send them in. They have a quick look and ship a refurbished one straight back to you. By phoning them your only drawing attention to it. Send it in and see, they'll probably replace it. If they send it back then call them and plead your case.

Oh really? Didn't know that! I just presumed they'd try fix it or something! Cool yeah think I'll do that so? I hear they have a pretty good customer service and like they'll hopefully realise that the defects aren't connected with the drop.. Thanks! :)

• Advertisement

Ya that's what I'd do anyway.

gpf101 wrote: »
    Ya that's what I'd do anyway.
    cool thanks! :)

Any update?

Advertisement