Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ammo advice .22 magnem rifle

Options
  • 13-07-2012 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭

hi guys im new here looking on ammo advice for .22 magnum
    which kind of ammo is best for what etc..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭browning 12 bore

hey there fella first off just want to say welcome on board, my own expereince is that 22 magnum nice little gun for rabbits and mr fox as they say i always shoot remington and winchester nice bullets now as i was once told get the one bullet and stick with it as your gun likes one kind for zeroing and so on ok fella all the best good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 30 MKC1

I have a CZ 22 magnum and find CCI maxi mag +v 30 grain very accurate and good on foxes out to 120 yards!

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭shooter88

hey there fella first off just want to say welcome on board, my own expereince is that 22 magnum nice little gun for rabbits and mr fox as they say i always shoot remington and winchester nice bullets now as i was once told get the one bullet and stick with it as your gun likes one kind for zeroing and so on ok fella all the best good luck

thakns for the info is there a wide variety available eg..subsonic etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

There's no subsonic ammo for the 22magnum.

remington 40gr are a good choice as are cci 30 gr

50gr seem to be a bit heavy and group horribly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

TBH there is little point to having a sub-sonic version of a cartridge that had been designed to be faster in the first place.

If you want a sub-sonic .22, then stick to any .22LR - many will shoot ANY type of .22LR ammunition you care to put throught it, fast, slow or standard velocity.

tac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭shooter88

ok tanks guys il have to dig deeper is there many options in bullet tips hollow points solid points differents angles etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭ace86

try 30gr hornady ballistic tip ammo i'm using it myself in my magnum and i find it good ammo.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Robotack

MKC1 wrote: »
    I have a CZ 22 magnum and find CCI maxi mag +v 30 grain very accurate and good on foxes out to 120 yards!

+1
    Far and away the most accurate in my mate's cz.

Advertisement