Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best riposte to someone who says 'Do you know who I am?'

Options
  • 13-07-2012 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭

I've been living in hope for decades that some jumped so-and-so would ask me this question. Alas, it was not to be but hope springs eternal etc. etc.

I've spent many a happy daydream wondering what I would answer. My favourite at the moment is "Oh, you poor man/woman, are you suffering from amnesia?" accompanied by a treacly sympathetic smile and a head tilt.

Now it could be left short and sweet like that or you could then proceed to part 2. This is where you put on your most helpful face where you would ask them if they can remember where they left their wallet/purse as this might contain some card or other that would help them in identifying themselves.

In addition, or alternatively, one could also enlist the help of the surrounding public, as in eg. "Does anybody know this person, unfortunately he cannot remember who he/she is?" and maybe even suggest that an ambulance be called. Or would that be going too far? Overegging the pudding as it were.

All riposte suggestions welcomed as I'm sure most will be better than mine!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Degringola wrote: »
    I've been living in hope for decades that some jumped so-and-so would ask me this question.

Get a life!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

em, 3 years a member and you post this in After Hours??.

Do you like humiliation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

"How appropriate, you fight like a cow!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I don't give a continental fcuk who you are get the fcuk out of my way. It would be something like this OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

"No!"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

I reckon ya would prob have a fist buried in your head by the time you finished the first bit

And rightly so fo bein a tit!

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Degringola

????

The 'jumped-up person' is someone famous/semi-famous/self-important who wants special treatment because of who they are.

Why am I being told to get a life, or that I want humiliation?

So boardsies would have no objection to someone talking to them like this?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

????

The 'jumped-up person' is someone famous/semi-famous/self-important who wants special treatment because of who they are.

'cos it is what it is, the boards ;)

????

Never mind them OP, man the fcuk up and stop whining, you are embarrassing yourself.

????

Sorry Deg. All i can offer is, well, it''s not the sort of thing one generally concerns oneself with.

still, each to their own :)

so, em, playing along, mine would be 'Yes. Yes I do. you Dick'. or 'Do I look like Darren Brown to you?' (funny enough i do look a bit like him, as it happens)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

A brother of mine works in one of those make-believe jobs for the unemployed in a charity shop. Some time ago, a couple of women from the notorious Limerick criminal families who have been relocated to Laois were behaving unacceptably and he asked them to leave. One of them asked, rather menacingly: "Do you know who we are?". He replied: "Yes I do, and maybe you'd better find out who I am, because there are a lot more of us around here than youse!":):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I hope for the sake of your dignity you never actually end up in this situation

????

That's you for this thread, don't you get that?

hondasam wrote: »
    Never mind them OP, man the fcuk up and stop whining, you are embarrassing yourself.

I'm not remotely whining. I genuinely thought there was a misunderstanding and that for some reason posters thought they were the ones being called jumped-up people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

Why, have you forgotten?

????

Why am I being told to get a life,or that I want humiliation?

Because as you say yourself this has never happened. You dream that it does so you will have your little reply ready. If thats all you have to think about you must have a very boring life. Btw, remarks to comments such as the one your suggesting are always better when you come up with the on the spot.

hondasam wrote: »
    That's you for this thread, don't you get that?

Well I must be very slow on the uptake!

I'm not remotely whining. I genuinely thought there was a misunderstanding and that for some reason posters thought they were the ones being called jumped-up people.

btw, you sure you've being on After Hours before?

I mean, it's after hours. yes, it's the Early Bird version, but still...

I'd probably go with;

Him: "Do you know who I am"

Me: "Oh, I know who you are alright! I know all about you and your antics! :mad:"
    (I doubt I'd know who they are, but it'd be a nice way of confusing things unnecessarily).

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Yes, you are someone who thinks I give a sh*t who you are

• Advertisement

Well I must be very slow on the uptake!

That was my witty reply to you. I thought that is what you wanted :p
    sorry OP.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

If a bloke said it to me, I'd give him an shocked look and say "Mom?... Is that you? Oh my gawd, what have you done? :eek:"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    Because as you say yourself this has never happened. You dream that it does so you will have your little reply ready. If thats all you have to think about you must have a very boring life. Btw, remarks to comments such as the one your suggesting are always better when you come up with the on the spot.

Ehhh...when he says he dreams it'll happen, I'm sure he's exaggerating for effect....why do people find it so hard to decipher a very obvious joke from something serious? The OP is clearly joking....it's a light-hearted thread and I for one would add something to it if I was witty enough. I'd probably just say, "No, I don't."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

'Do you know who I am?'
    Had a few people say that to me - my reply was (still is) "I couldn't give a rats ass!" and walk off.
    Fcuk 'em!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Get a life!

Ahhhhhh heeee-orrrrrrrr! Leave irr-ouh! Hee-orrrrr! Ah leave irr-ouh

Eve_Dublin wrote: »
    Ehhh...when he says he dreams it'll happen, I'm sure he's exaggerating for effect....why do people find it so hard to decipher a very obvious joke from something serious? The OP is clearly joking....it's a light-hearted thread and I for one would add something to it if I was witty enough. I'd probably just say, "No, I don't."

Well at least the op will now be able to say to the person who asks them the question, "Hold on, I will get the best reply from a thread i started on boards about this."

ok, got it.

Do you know who I am??

Yes, your Richard Head.

What? No I'm not.

You sure? You sure you're not Dick Head? You look like Dick Head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I'd reply with

Chuck: Do you know who I am?

Villain: 'Erm.. no..'

Me: Great, that means I can kick you in the balls, run away, and you'll never know who done it.

*thwack*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Based on Freud's theories, you appear to be some sort of cnut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Do you know who I am?

Me: no but if I were to guess I would say you are a gentleman with a very small member and a massive inferiority complex

In reality I'd probably say sorry i don't it's a pleasure to meet you :)

Advertisement