Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel Insurance -Suitcases Stolen

Options
  • 13-07-2012 7:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

Long story short, my suitcases were robbed while I was on holiday in Spain. I was left with what I was wearing and a small bag with the passport and credit cards so that's something at least.

I went to the local police station and made a report. They made me list everything that was in the bags to the finest detail, including the estimated cost of each item. All of that went onto a fairly comprehensive crime report that I have. The cause of the theft (forced entry) is on the report also.

I've informed the travel insurance company and they say I have 21 days to make a claim. I've never had to do this before so essentially I'm looking for advice/tips on filling out the claim form as I know the insurance company aren't likely to make things easy for me.

I'd appreciate any help from people who've done this before.
    Thanks a lot!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

Why aren't they 'likely to make things easy'? Under teh Consumer protection Code they are required to assist you, tell you what you are covered for and if you forget to claim for something covered under the policy, they are to point that out to you.

If you are insured and have details of all the stuff stolen, then they will pay.

If you have had all designer stuff stolen, then they may dig a bit deeper than if the stuff was Dunnes or Pennys. That is purely to protect against fraud.

Advertisement