Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

habenaros in carlow

Options
  • 13-07-2012 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

am wondering can you buy habenaros in carlow and if so where? have grown accustomend to them and wondering are they sold in carlow by themselves.I know a shop where i live in bunclody that sells them in packs of chillis but dont sell them by themselves.dont say that i shouldnt bother travelling to carlow as opposed to walking but i go to carlow at least once a week for business anyway so while im there i could buy them in packs by themselves while there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Pretty sure tesco and even super valu stock them. Not sure what quality they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Get them in tesco the other half says there ok out of there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

I don't think Tesco do habeneros - they do chillies, finger chillies and bird's eye chillies.

Aldi (surprisingly) do a selection box of chillies that usually have a coupl of habeneros in them otherwise you may have to travel to Portlaoise (veg shop just down from Easons) unless there's a decent green grocer in Carlow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

sandin wrote: »
    I don't think Tesco do habeneros - they do chillies, finger chillies and bird's eye chillies.

Aldi (surprisingly) do a selection box of chillies that usually have a coupl of habeneros in them otherwise you may have to travel to Portlaoise (veg shop just down from Easons) unless there's a decent green grocer in Carlow.

Maybe Im wrong about my store but Ive had habaneros at home in the parents house, which means it was either bought in Super Valu, Tesco, Superquinn or Willie Raths!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Tesco used to do them on and off. Not consistently though. Whether they still do them, I dunno.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Try Swans of the Hackettstown Road, they are good for fresh fruit and veg, even the unusual stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭godwin

am wondering can you buy habenaros in carlow and if so where? have grown accustomend to them and wondering are they sold in carlow by themselves.I know a shop where i live in bunclody that sells them in packs of chillis but dont sell them by themselves.dont say that i shouldnt bother travelling to carlow as opposed to walking but i go to carlow at least once a week for business anyway so while im there i could buy them in packs by themselves while there.

The African store opposite Iceland sells them by the bag.

Advertisement