Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

habenaros in dublin

Options
  • 13-07-2012 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

am wondering can you buy habenaros in dublin and if so where? have grown accustomend to them and wondering are they sold in habenaros by themselves.I know a shop where i live in bunclody that sells them in packs of chillis but dont sell them by themselves.dont say that i shouldnt bother travelling to dublin as opposed to walking but i go to dublin at least once a week for business anyway so while im there i could buy them in packs by themselves while there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,695 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

am wondering can you buy habenaros in dublin and if so where?

The above is the only part of your post I understand.

Asian Food Co. Mary street.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Asian Market on Drury Street.

They were either Scotch Bonnets or Habaneros, not exactly sure - very tasty though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Jev/N wrote: »
    Asian Market on Drury Street.

They were either Scotch Bonnets or Habaneros, not exactly sure - very tasty though!

im going to drop in on tuesday, hopefully they have birds eye as well

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

John_Rambo wrote: »
    The above is the only part of your post I understand.

Asian Food Co. Mary street.

I get them there myself. That shop also sells the even spicier naga chilli. Aldi also sell a chilli pack for 1.49, you usually get 1 or 2 Habaneros and 1 or 2 Scotch Bonnets (slightly lower on the Scoville scale, but not by much). Fallon and Byrne sell them as well I believe, they also sell dried Habanero's in a pack and are dynamite.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Tesco and Superquinn sometimes sell them as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Slydice wrote: »
    Tesco and Superquinn sometimes sell them as well.

tesco, really? ive searched there before and never found them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Did you try the Co Op market on Newmarket Square? It's on Thursdays and Saturdays

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

tesco, really? ive searched there before and never found them

Yep. Only sometimes though. I used to buy them every week and they'd have Habaneros occasionally. I don't buy chillies as often any more though so I might be outta touch on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Problem i have with that Asian market is they label nothing where the chilli s are so you have no idea wtf half of them are. There normally all close together and look similar so it can be confusing sometimes.

And i wouldnt even bother me hole asking someone in there cause they look right threw ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,695 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

And i wouldnt even bother me hole asking someone in there cause they look right threw ya.

This is not the case in the one on Mary st., the stuff isn't labeled, but if you are clueless the lads there are very helpful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

John_Rambo wrote: »
    This is not the case in the one on Mary st., the stuff isn't labeled, but if you are clueless the lads there are very helpful.

Have to look in the other one someday so!!

Advertisement