Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby loves bananas

Options
  • 13-07-2012 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

my baby is just over 6 months. I've been weaning him for about a month or so, but while he loves banana, he doesn't want to eat much else. He will eat things which contain banana (such as mango etc) but will only take a couple of spoonfuls of any other puree I give him (chicken etc). when I give him banana, I can't get it into him fast enough!! I don't know whether to worry about this or not. I use the annabel karamel books for ideas for recipes but it just seems like I spend ages cooking food that he won't eat : ( He will also eat those milupa cereals. Anyone else experience anything similar?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

They go through phases of favourite food, and can get a bit fussy when teething or something. Be glad it's something as healthy as banana. Mine wouldn't touch anything except cheese for a week. I was thinking i was going to have the first 8 month old with a chloresterol problem!

I wouldn't be too bothered about pushing things on them. They come around themselves if you don't make a fuss.

Also, probably a typo up there, but you know a mango isn't a banana right? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

Over the last few weeks my now 7 month old would only willingly eat her cereal, yoghurts, rusks and drink her bottles. This week she is gradually getting back into eating her dinners and fruit.
    I put it down to teething and the heat. My appetite changes depending on how I feel, so why can't a baby's??

I wouldn't worry too much anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I wouldn't be giving too much banana, it can constipate them. Well known that babies like sweeter foods. Try some chicken with sweet potato or butternut squash mixed in.

Advertisement