Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ovulation Test - LH Surge

Options
  • 13-07-2012 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I have been using an ovulation clearblue kit

I tested this on Wednesday evening and got a positive "smiley face" to say I had a LH Surge

This evening (Friday) there was no smiley face so LH Surge was not there.

Does this mean that I ovulated between Wednesday evening and Friday evening or that ovulation is just taking place now (Friday evening)???

Would appreciate clearing up if LH surge is just prior to ovulation or is it during ovulation also? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

TeddyRO1 wrote: »
    I have been using an ovulation clearblue kit

I tested this on Wednesday evening and got a positive "smiley face" to say I had a LH Surge

This evening (Friday) there was no smiley face so LH Surge was not there.

Does this mean that I ovulated between Wednesday evening and Friday evening or that ovulation is just taking place now (Friday evening)???

Would appreciate clearing up if LH surge is just prior to ovulation or is it during ovulation also? Thanks

You usually get a surge the day before you ovulate & the day you ovulate by the third day you usually go back to getting negative readings again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Yes smiley and lh surge are before ovulation. You can ovulate up to 48 hours after your positive opk. The best way to know is to watch for egg white cervical mucus. You usually ovulate on that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 natclarke2012

Hi I ovulated for 6 days is this normal?? I am getting some mild cramps and in my breasts..looked on the net for info but it dosent tell u anything. I am ttc and my cycle is 32 days and regular... I need info

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Why do you think you're ovulating for 6 days? Did you do an opk or are you monitoring your body temp and/or cervical mucus? The only conclusive way to know you've ovulated is to monitor your body temp and keep a chart. This tells you after the fact. An opk will detect your lh surge so you'll know you may (I say may because detecting a surge does not guarantee ovulation will happen)ovulate within the next 24-48 hours so you should have s3x at least once during that time. Egg white cervical mucus indicates you are at your optimum fertility so it's a good time to have s3x to conceive. Once your cervical mucus changes you know your window of fertility has closed.

Cramps, painful breasts etc are not necessarily a sign of ovulation. Some people never have these signs, others get them at different times before, during or after ovulation. They are not a reliable indictation of ovulation.

Advertisement