Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If you could meet your 16 year old self

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭iCosmopolis

Don't fret, you're not fat or deformed..the right cut of jeans for you won't become available for another 5 years. Leave your hair alone. Save.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Sit down over a pint and have frank chat about whats ahead and how to prepare. Aim to cheat where possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭spankysue

Cop on, stay in school, cherish family.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭dm09

I'd tell him - It's "leave", you idiot! "Make like a tree, and leave." You sound like a damn fool when you say it wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

It would have been 1991. I'd have told me to save a few bob, buy as much property as possible and sell it all in 2001, buy gold with all the proceeds and ride out the storm until 2010, get into the stock markets up until about now, then hold position until further notice.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!
    I'll be telling my kids to watch out for this ****!!!

I'd tell him not to smoke and to shag those girls, turns out they actually wanted it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Liverpool will come back from 3-0 down to win the European Cup in 2005.

Bet big!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 StevenGerrard

noodler wrote: »
    Liverpool will come back from 3-0 down to win the European Cup in 2005.

Bet big!

I made it 3-1 haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭dermo88

Take your first pay packet from the part time job, around ten quid (10.08.1992). Walk across the road to Ladbrokes with results.

Repeat around 1997 Istabraq for the Champion Hurdle at SP Lord Gyllene for the National Doubled up with Mr Mulligan for the Cheltenham Gold Cup. 1,100/1 for 90 quid.

Wait till 18th birthday, cash down payment on house.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭ruthloss

I'd tell myself to "get over yourself"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

sunscreen
    Broad brimmed hat and long sleeves would be better advice to give your 16 year old self as sunscreen contains chemicals which can cause cancer ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭username_x

Don't start smoking
    Break up with him
    Captain Morgan will NEVER be your friend
    The friends you have now are backstabbers
    oh and most importantly ..
    Bertie Ahern isn't, never was, and never will be, the president of Ireland YOU IDIOT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Broad brimmed hat and long sleeves would be better advice to give your 16 year old self as sunscreen contains chemicals which can cause cancer ;)

Buy a non chemical one :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

tan11ie wrote: »
    Buy a non chemical one :confused:
    You mean like buying low fat food to lose weight only to find that it is filled with with salt and sugar?

Advertisement