Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donnegan's / Monasterboice Inn DISASTER!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Salvation

I would have personally refused to pay, nearly 1.5 hours before you get properly served.

Customer service is in the toilet there, more name and shame places in the public media might make places clean up their acts or shutdown.

It is common sense to serve children first, as they are the ones that need to be occupied.

Wont be going there anytime soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Even back in its heyday Donnegan's always had slow service. That's hardly cause for much complaint. The inability to bring out the children's meals first (assuming that you requested this on ordering) is obviously another matter entirely
    Salvation wrote:
    It is common sense to serve children first, as they are the ones that need to be occupied
    Common sense or not, I have never heard or seen of a restaurant serve children first unless the customer specifically requests it. It's not standard practice. In this case the fault of the staff was in not listening to the customer request

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

In it's defence though folks... it is a common mistake for novice waiting staff to make and should not really be used against an entire establishment.
    One of my most frequented restaurants outside Slane also slipped up with this in the past, before copping on that kids need to get their grub first. (+crayons... and in some cases chloroform :eek:)

Advertisement