Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No sound?

Options
  • 13-07-2012 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi my new computer doesn't seem to have any sound? I have my headphones in the headphones plug but when I try to change the volume on the mixer nothing plays. The icon above the mixer says "Digital Audio (S/PDIF) (High definition audio device)

I did a fresh install of Windows 7 this morning, could I be missing drivers or something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

Did you build it yourself or did it arrive pre-built? which headphone jack are you plugged into, case or motherboard?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 ABDublin

Neilos wrote: »
    Did you build it yourself or did it arrive pre-built? which headphone jack are you plugged into, case or motherboard?

got it assembled by Hardwareversand.de, trying to use the case headphone jack

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

ABDublin wrote: »

Did you install the audio drivers?

The first thing you do is install all necessary drivers, normally from the manufacturer's website.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

ABDublin wrote: »

there's a good chance that the audio cable either wasn't connected or came loose in transit so. It might be worth your while taking the side panel off and having a look if you haven't done so already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Could be drivers, or maybe you only have analog sound. Have you tried connecting front and back? Does a sound give the appearance of playing?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Go into control panel and click windows updates and then check for updates and when it's finished scanning if it says 1 optional update or more just click on that and see if it's an update for the audio driver. Always finds the drivers by doing this and saves you having to hunt down the correct driver on a website.

Advertisement