Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kawasaki Eliminator 250

• 13-07-2012 9:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭

My girlfriend wants to get into biking and I'm doing everything I can to get her on the road. She has been looking at bikes and has fallen in love with the Yamaha V Star. However, I've done some research on them and I think they are difficult if not impossible to get in Ireland.
    My woman was very upset to hear this so we went looking for something similar and she loves the Kawasaki Eliminator. I figure the 250 would be perfect for her. I had a look on donedeal but there's only a 125 model and I think she'd tire of that pretty fast. Anyone know where I can get one? Oh and it has to be black!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Just to add to this, is the 250 a good starter bike? I myself started on a Suzuki AX100 a long time ago now and have only ridden a 250 once before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

A 125 wouldnt be a bad place for her to start tbh. I'm in the North here and my wife has the first three parts of her test done, all learning on a GN125. She has a nice F650GS sitting here for her when she passes, however the old GN, a 1996 model, is doing fine for her till then. Sure I learned on the GN as well!

TheFairy wrote: »
    A 125 wouldnt be a bad place for her to start tbh. I'm in the North here and my wife has the first three parts of her test done, all learning on a GN125. She has a nice F650GS sitting here for her when she passes, however the old GN, a 1996 model, is doing fine for her till then. Sure I learned on the GN as well!

I had a GN125 after the AX but I got tired of it pretty quickly! There was no power in the thing! Yeah it looked nice but I think I've always been attracted to the street bike look more than the cruiser look. The wee woman however prefers the cruiser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

big ends go on eliminator 250's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭mongdesade

Mate of mine in the UK is selling a tidy EN450 custom bobber on ebay, nice bike to start on & you could get it for a decent price if you hold out until the end of the auction :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

mongdesade wrote: »
    Mate of mine in the UK is selling a tidy EN450 custom bobber on ebay, nice bike to start on & you could get it for a decent price if you hold out until the end of the auction :cool:

thats cute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭war_child

With all honesty lad i think a 125 model is the way to go when starting on the road . i started on a RG 125 which was great fun, throwing her in to corners he he he the memories , then after a few months on her i moved up to a cbr 250 completly different in every way , that extra bit of torque off the line made me glad i started on a 125 trust.

But if she has her heart set on a 250 the Eliminator in particular check out www.adverts.ie plenty of em here, or also check the www.bikebuyersguide.ie both great sites and ders always wiggle room wen negotiating the price.

I got my new Marauder from the guide and the lad i bought from was a gent.

Hope ur missus enjoys her new bike watever it may be and as always be safe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭war_child

Hey fella found this site for ya ..seem to be pretty decent but ill let u and ur missus check em out , Hope it helps be good

http://motorbike.donkiz-ie.com/used-motorbike/kawasaki-eliminator-for_sale.htm

mongdesade wrote: »

The missus had a look but it doesn't blow her hair back unfortunately. Thanks all the same.

war_child wrote: »
    Hey fella found this site for ya ..seem to be pretty decent but ill let u and ur missus check em out , Hope it helps be good

http://motorbike.donkiz-ie.com/used-motorbike/kawasaki-eliminator-for_sale.htm

Thanks for the links man, just had a brief look and some decent bikes on it. I'll have a proper look at them tonight. Yeah I was thinkiing of getting the Guide for a look too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement