Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bord Gais Question???

Options
  • 13-07-2012 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

hello,

i am a current bord gais customer, and have a question in regards there tarrif.

there are 3 options

standing tarrif - Annual Standing Charge 82.89Euro

Winter Saver Tarrif- Annual Standing Charge 255.31Euro

No Standing charge Tarrif - no annual charge but an allocation of 2,870 kWh units) Price per unit thereafter

i am currently on the standing tarrif and pay the 82.89euro + whatever gas usuage i use. my last 6 bills my gas usage has been 20 to 25euro. without the charge my gas bills are very low.

i know its the summer and the tempatures are high enough at the moment and the winter will be different it will get really cold. but if i change my tarrif to no standing charge just how much gas usuage is
    2,870 kWh units) Price per unit thereafter. could it cost me more in the long run if i change tarrif and we have an awful winter and i have the gas on because of it. i live in 1 bedroom flat and its very easy to heat.

i have checked my last few bills and the kwh on them varies from
    1217.00kwh - 1687.00kwh

any advice????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

You can only change tariff once per 12month period so you are right to analyse this.

Add up the Gas Used value from your bills for past 12 months. That should give you a reasonable estimate of your annual usage.
    If it's well below the 2,870 kWh then you could be on to something.
    If it's well above then you can work out how much the extra will cost at the higher price: (annual usage-2,870 kWh) x higher unit price.

Bear in mind that our average winters are relatively mild so the chances of a really cold winter is quite low.
    Your lifestyle should also be considered. If you spend a lot of time at home during winter you are likely to have the heating on more.

Advertisement