Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

an issue with xtravision dunmore rd

Options
  • 13-07-2012 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭

Hi folks
    This is starting to bug me now as its happened a few times where by we rent dvd's from xtravision on the dunmore road and return them on time but to be told we owe X amount for dvd being late, the latest was when we went out tonight and got two dvd's to be told we owe €5 for two dvd's which i know for a fact were brought back on time as i dropped them meself, anyone else have any issue's like this???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

Found this on there site

''What time do I have to return rental items by?
    We request that all items are returned by 8.30pm on the due day.
    (Unless it is a same day rental, then it must be handed to a staff member before 6pm).
    We do not however, charge an extended viewing fee unless the item is returned after (or just before) closing, to facilitate this, please ensure all items are returned at least one hour before closing.''

unless you went in late on the day you don't owe anything normally if your late they leave it off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

cheers faq never thought of checkin there site, but had them returned at half 7 on the day they were due

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

No but I find they badger you for the money owed a lot more than normal. I assume its Xtra Vision policy now, before you got asked the odd time but now they ask every time even if you paid a chunk the previous day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

You might have returned it at 7:30 but they might not have scanned it in til afterwards.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

dazftw wrote: »
    You might have returned it at 7:30 but they might not have scanned it in til afterwards.

Yeah thats a good point i bet they do it so they can scab more money from people,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Up2NoGood

Hey dude,..... talk with your money, do NOT rent from there anymore. The Irish need to start doing this. Unfortunitly bad customer service has become part of our culture

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 363 ✭✭FishBowel

Anyone who rents DVDs instead of buying or even downloading is a fool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

We've talked about this before, but surely xtra vision are on their last legs.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Xtravision as a company has its days very much numbered, I'd expect it to be dead as the dodo by 2015 if not before. Mobile phone sales and dvd/blu-ray players won't keep the company going once their rental market goes to ****e.

Between the likes of Apple TV/iTunes and Netflix you can get cheaper content elsewhere and a far better selection,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Bringthethunder

They were just chancing there luck. They were hoping you would just pay it and they would just pocket the 5 euro.

• Advertisement

Bring back Strand Electric, best place in town for movies.

They were just chancing there luck. They were hoping you would just pay it and they would just pocket the 5 euro.
    i aint paying it so they can go take a run and jump!!! whats netflix like anyway?? i don't have a streaming issue with my wimax and is it worth every cent???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

Cabaal wrote: »
    Between the likes of Apple TV/iTunes and Netflix you can get cheaper content elsewhere and a far better selection,
    There's a big threat to Xtravision emerging from UPC in its On-Demand service. While Netflix may have attracted many early adopters, UPC's On-Demand service will hit Xtravision's main market. Netflix is great for people with connected equipment but On-Demand makes it easier for people who don't have anything much more than a DVD player or VCR connected to their TV. It is supposed to be getting to Waterford by the Autumn. Xtravision will be lucky to make it to mid 2013 if UPC's new service really takes off.

Regards...jmcc

XtraVision are crap. Have a Disney movie called Great Locomotive Chase on their website but none of their shops sell/rent it. Had to buy it elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

FYI, they don't charge for late returns until after midnight. Just ask the staff member the next time your in and they can check the exact details of what the late charge is for. If it's a mistake on their behalf, they can amend the balance.

Xtravision are fighting a serious uphill battle against Netflix, iTunes, On-Demand TV etc. It's their fault, they never diversified into this area when they were dominating the market. Instead they're selling birthday cards and iPhone covers in a hilarious attempt to paper over the cracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

FishBowel wrote: »
    XtraVision are crap. Have a Disney movie called Great Locomotive Chase on their website but none of their shops sell/rent it. Had to buy it elsewhere.

couldn't agree more, i've seen that numerous times. Here in waterford, getting a retail blu-ray release is like looking for gold. There a complete shambles of a business, there downfall is coming, slowly but surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭SheFiend

It often happened me, in Dunmore rd and Ballybricken. Phone calls to say i haven't returned dvds which i either had returned, or never rented. Sometimes they'd ring back to say they found the dvds after all. Cards sent to house stating please return overdue dvd. Late fees on my account which i paid the first few times assuming i was mistaken. I wised up when they mentioned a late fee for a rom-com, i knew i hadn't rented that, and refused to pay.
    I don't rent anymore but would advise people to question the fees. Don't take it for granted they are correct.

SheFiend wrote: »
    It often happened me, in Dunmore rd and Ballybricken. Phone calls to say i haven't returned dvds which i either had returned, or never rented. Sometimes they'd ring back to say they found the dvds after all. Cards sent to house stating please return overdue dvd. Late fees on my account which i paid the first few times assuming i was mistaken. I wised up when they mentioned a late fee for a rom-com, i knew i hadn't rented that, and refused to pay.
    I don't rent anymore but would advise people to question the fees. Don't take it for granted they are correct.
    too fricken right, it appears there is either a flaw in there system or else there is a lazy employee not scanning dvd's back into stock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I have been told on 3 separate occasion that we owe x amount for overdue games and a dvd, all of which were returned on time, and each time I was in I was told the mistake had been corrected now.

But it hasnt, havent bothered going back since, you would get pretty sick of having to explain the same thing over and over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

Not saying you guys are wrong but I've never had a problem with "false" overdue notifications in any Xtravision store I've used over five years - BallyB, Dunmore Road or Tramore.

I've made a point of returning them to the counter rather than using any drop-off, not sure if that makes a difference.

SSE

• Advertisement
Advertisement