Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sweet, interesting beers

• 13-07-2012 9:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Was just wondering if anyone could recommend some sweet beers for me, fruity beers, maybe ginger beer if that is sweet, or anything else that you would recommend. Also if you know of the best stockists for stuff like this, I am in the Limerick/Tipp area, just mad to try something different.

Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,050 ✭✭✭trashcan

Can't help with the Lim/Tipp area I'm afraid, but I'm in Brussels at the moment and they do it over here. Tried a beer called Kriek. Interesting and not bad at all. Bought a bottle of apple flavour and cherry flavour to bring home and try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭Blackjack

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    Hey all,

Was just wondering if anyone could recommend some sweet beers for me, fruity beers, maybe ginger beer if that is sweet, or anything else that you would recommend. Also if you know of the best stockists for stuff like this, I am in the Limerick/Tipp area, just mad to try something different.

Thanks.

Can't think of anything other than crabbies ginger beer as I'm not a huge fan of that type of beer myself, but there is an off licence in Cahir called coopers, has a great selection. I'm sure there are others but I'm rarely down that direction so that's the only one I've come across with a decent selection down that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

trashcan wrote: »
    Can't help with the Lim/Tipp area I'm afraid, but I'm in Brussels at the moment and they do it over here. Tried a beer called Kriek. Interesting and not bad at all. Bought a bottle of apple flavour and cherry flavour to bring home and try.

I have also tried this beer. I'm not an expert on lambics but the taste seemed far too sweet and artificial to be a real lambic. It is almost certainly made with syrups instead of real fruit. Not recommended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Head to Macs Off License in Limerick. He has a quite varied selection of beers as off licenses go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,079 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Ravelleman wrote: »
    I have also tried this beer. I'm not an expert on lambics but the taste seemed far too sweet and artificial to be a real lambic. It is almost certainly made with syrups instead of real fruit. Not recommended.

There are many Krieks. Some good some bad, some sour, some sweet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement