Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suckler CWS - Calf died at birth

• 13-07-2012 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Quick question....that Im sure someone must have come across.

I can email the dept but would like your opinion

Participating in the Suckler Cow Welfare Scheme
    All cows had calved before and were eligible.

However this year one the cow calf died at birth.
    The calf was tagged and can be traced from my herd to the knackery, so I can prove he did exist.

Can I still get payment for this cow as the cow did give birth and I registered the death.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭tim04750

Yes, just fill in the paperwork as normal and you will get paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭fearrchair

Thanks but as far as this Cow is concerned you cant enter any more animial events only on the others, but maybe thats what you meant.

If I wanted to sell the cow do I wonder do I need to wait until this years scheme is over ...

I know with the others I would have to wait until the weaning date is entered at least.

We also have another issue that a number of the cows seem to contracted neoprosa which is not treatable and will probably have to sell them next Spring.
    Discovered as we were having some difficultly getting them into calf and now have learned that it could lead to aborted calves as well ..a disappointment ...but could be worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭tim04750

Aye once the calf is registered you will get paid, on the cow thing I think you will but not sure , quick call to to the dept is your best bet , sorry no such thing as a quick call to the dept these days,:rolleyes: but stick with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭fearrchair

Just to let you know I got this reply back from the Dept on the 25th July.
    I had originally sent an email on it on the 18th but bumped it again on the 24th.

Sorry for the delay. If the calf is registered as a still born within the usual 27 day period, that calf will be eligible to be paid on. Once its a beef calf our systems will pick it up. You are free to sell the cow whenever you wish after the birth of a dead calf.

So according to the officials payment will be made on the calf as we expected and the cow can be sold at any time.

Advertisement