Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPS

Options
  • 13-07-2012 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone sent anything with UPS?

Do they have vans out here in Tramore or do they get taxi's to collect from my door?

Thing is, I sent my phone off to apple for reapir through their mailin service to the UK.

Rang UPS yesturday and the woman said a collection would be scheduled for today.

Today a taxi driver from Dublin showed up looking for the parcel (my iPhone) and signed the docket I got with the repair ket from apple as proof of collection.

I was expecting a UPS van to come and I'd get a reciept but the taxi driver didn't issue these as he was in a taxi and not a van.

I did give it to him without hesitation and now all I have is his name :P

The main thing that's worrying me right now is I am tracking my phone on UPS'es website and they still didn't receive it. Hmm..

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

lee3155 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone sent anything with UPS?

Do they have vans out here in Tramore or do they get taxi's to collect from my door?

Thing is, I sent my phone off to apple for reapir through their mailin service to the UK.

Rang UPS yesturday and the woman said a collection would be scheduled for today.

Today a taxi driver from Dublin showed up looking for the parcel (my iPhone) and signed the docket I got with the repair ket from apple as proof of collection.

I was expecting a UPS van to come and I'd get a reciept but the taxi driver didn't issue these as he was in a taxi and not a van.

I did give it to him without hesitation and now all I have is his name :P

The main thing that's worrying me right now is I am tracking my phone on UPS'es website and they still didn't receive it. Hmm..

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.
    ring UPS back and find out what the story is!! ups have a rep that operates around the city as he often calls to our depot in dunkitt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

They're closed now for the weekend :(

However, it should have arrived in their depot in Dublin by now? Is their depot open 24/7?

Surely they would of scanned it. Getting real annoyed now. Thought they were great but all they kept doing yday was putting me onto their tracking department, which, I can do online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

lee3155 wrote: »
    They're closed now for the weekend :(

However, it should have arrived in their depot in Dublin by now? Is their depot open 24/7?

Surely they would of scanned it. Getting real annoyed now. Thought they were great but all they kept doing yday was putting me onto their tracking department, which, I can do online.
    don't panic i'm sure its in the system, was this organise by apple for you?? and surely if its lost that your covered as its there fault

don't panic i'm sure its in the system, was this organise by apple for you?? and surely if its lost that your covered as its there fault

Yeah my home button is faulty and my warranty is up on the 16th so I figured I'd get it done before the warranty ran out cause the problem was getting worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

I have had a taxi deliver or collect from me on behalf of UPS. When there isn't a huge demand for a service in a particular are they will use a taxi!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭waterfordham

I've had the same, quite an accommodating chap actually.

Thanks for the replies guys, got my phone back a few days ago, the chap in the taxi does courier work for ups and dhl, thanks again!

Advertisement