Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about phones being locked

Options
  • 13-07-2012 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭

Hi, I will be going on holidays in the next few days, my own phone is vodafone and has a short charge. I will not have the option to recharge, so I was thinking of bringing my spare phone too (when the vodafone goes dead I will switch to the spare), it is a Nokia 1616 and is locked to the meteor network.

I shall be in Finland, would I be able to transfer over my vodafone sim into the Nokia and use it in Finland, or would I have to get it unlocked first?

Thanks very much!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

you will need to get your phone unlocked first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Or just buy a unlocked phone. You can get a basic one for 10~20.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

They have sockets in Finland too you know

I assume he means he'll be away from the mains for a long time hence using a phone that lasts a week or more without charging. 1616. Of course you can bring a USB battery pack for charging away from the mains, some of which give you Nokia and other brand charging tips.

Test it before you go though.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

OP, you can get THIS in most Tesco stores nowadays, and charge from that (provided you have the right cable for your phone) :)

• Advertisement

That will only give you one charge on a smartphone. You'd need about 5 of them to last as long as that 1616. (I'm guessing).

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_1616-3007.php

The 1616 is FAR from being a Smart Phone (see above link) :D Also, it has a 800mAh battery, so that Duracell charger would easily do.

Who said it was?

Isn't the point of the thread that once his (vodafone) phone dies hes going to switch to his second phone a (meteor) 1616.

I only assume his first phone (vodafone) is a smart phone because its battery doesn't last long. The 1616 last 2~3 weeks. Shouldn't need to charge that for ages.

Advertisement