Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FET

Options
  • 13-07-2012 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all

im also new to this Boards site and i am going out of my mind with feritlity queries and need to talk to others going thru what we are going thru for my sanity. We have had ICSI treatment with two failed cycles and starting frozen cycle soon. Is it true Frozen can result in a positive result because its less stressful re no needles etc.

We are attending Cork Fetility

Look forward to hearing from you all :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

Hi I'm doing and FET next week. Did IVF two months ago but couldn't do transfer due to possible OHSS (ovarian hyper stimulation).

The benefit of FET is that your ovaries have recovered from the IVF meds. In fact some clinics in other countries insist on FET the cycle after egg collection/fertilisation, to give your ovaries the chance to rest. the downside to FET is that success rates are slightly lower due to issues with the freezing/thawing process. Sometimes the poor little embies can't take all that messing and can arrest once thawed, or may not arrest but will not implant. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 YUMMYMOMMY

Wow thank you for all the info i also have heard alot abt the FET option being the way of the future in terms of ivf suppose we shld count our blessings that we had some to freeze.

OHSS is very sore and very scary mind yourself !!

Best of luck with your next cycle sending you lots and lots of sticky dust xx Keep me updated on your progress its so good to talk to others going thru the same thing :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

Of course I'll keep you posted, thanks for your interest!
    when are you starting?

Advertisement