Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foam Roller

Options
  • 13-07-2012 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Couldn't find a proper answer on this but I'm looking for a foam roller, apparently best place is on the Internet, can anyone recommend best place to buy one??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

zefer wrote: »
    Hi all,

Couldn't find a proper answer on this but I'm looking for a foam roller, apparently best place is on the Internet, can anyone recommend best place to buy one??

Thanks

The internetz is just great. One I got is http://www.physiosupplies.com/cgi-bin/sh000001.pl?WD=15cm%2045cm&PN=EVA-Foam-Rollers-15cm-x-45cm.html%23aBP_2dAH_2d18#aBP_2dAH_2d18 This is the right size one IT Band and its great. They have a cheaper one too but this one seem more hard wearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Pop in to you local physio, I picked one up the last I was getting a rub down - €20. I've also order some stuff of this crowd: http://www.mcsport.ie/foam-rollers/p-jtfrrpd.html?cmp=cel they have foam rollers for €17.80, plus delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Pop in to you local physio, I picked one up the last I was getting a rub down - €20. I've also order some stuff of this crowd: http://www.mcsport.ie/foam-rollers/p-jtfrrpd.html?cmp=cel they have foam rollers for €17.80, plus delivery

It was actually my physio who said to buy it off the net as they will last longer!

Cheers for recommendations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭dev123

BeepBeep67 wrote: »

It was actually my physio who said to buy it off the net as they will last longer!

Cheers for recommendations

I've one word for you: The Grid.

Tis more expensive (€50 ish) but will never need replacing.

TriggerPoint is the name of the company who make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭daddydick

dev123 wrote: »
    I've one word for you: The Grid.

Tis more expensive (€50 ish) but will never need replacing.

TriggerPoint is the name of the company who make it.

That be two words hey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,790 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Wavvin pipe is free.........no fee involved and lasts forever even though you will hate it for a while starting out........

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭GKiraly

Wavvin pipe is free.........no fee involved and lasts forever even though you will hate it for a while starting out........

+1

totally agree, wavvin pipe is far better, gets in harder and alot more effective

Add in a sliotor with the outside taken off and there you have a homemade massage clinic!!
    Best get the pro's to help you out now and again though...

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭carlton36

Also consider "the stick". More painful than any foam roller but cheaper in the long run than many sports massages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

carlton36 wrote: »
    Also consider "the stick". More painful than any foam roller but cheaper in the long run than many sports massages

I use both the Grid and the stickand there is no way the stick is more painfull.

The stick is great as a warm up tool but how can it be more painfull?
    You can apply your full body weight when using a foam roller.

Agree that it's cheaper than sports massage but can't be a good sports massage every two weeks to get into areas that a foam roller or stick cant get at.

• Advertisement

Sports massage at 30/60 every two weeks can be a drain on the pocket though.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭carlton36

The stick is great as a warm up tool but how can it be more painfull?
    You can apply your full body weight when using a foam roller.
    QUOTE]

A foam roller provides cushioning but the stick doesn't, you can't apply your full body weight to all areas when using a foam roller eg the calfs

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭phunkymonk

just got the grid one the last day,its great for the legs,fell a lot more loosened up after using it but i just noticed a while ago that i have a load of marks on my back it almost looks like small internal bleeding or something...il wait to see if it clears up the next few days, is something like this possible from using these?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

dahat wrote: »
    +1
    Along with a baseball, tennisball and lacrosse ball

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

Hi all,

Thanks

http://www.irishfit.eu/shop/physio-injury/massage-therapy

great shop. they are in Sandyford and the lads know their stuff

Advertisement