Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Visa Debit problem?

Options
  • 13-07-2012 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Did you activate the card?

Otherwise, it should work as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

That is strange, I've never had issues getting websites to accept mine (including Netflix).

I can't remember exactly how to activate a card with UB, but try using it at an ATM, even just to check your balance, then trying it again online.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Some sites are apparently blocking ulster bank cards due to the on going ulster bank technical problems. They've had issues with cards not going through reliably.

You'll probably find that all the sites declining the card have the same card processing / acquiring bank.

No idea when those blocks will be lifted. You need to call the bank.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Actually having said that, I did get an email from Netflix last night saying there was a problem with my Paypal account, and to 'update my details'. I'm using the UB VD through the Paypal account, I wonder if it's a related issue?

Netflix is continuing the work though, even though it should have renewed automatically about 4 days ago. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The parcel motel wasn't taking any visa cards, so not a visa debit/UB problem.

And it does work with Netflix usually, so probably due to the tech problems that it's being refused

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

There are a good few reports of PayPal blocking Ulster Bank cards. I'd say it's simply to avoid hassle should transactions become confused. There are still significant on going problems with their current accounts. From PayPals perspective, it probably makes more sense to avoid them entirely until they know the system is working reliably again.

You should report the issue to ulster bank card services though. They will need to be aware of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

My UB Visa Debit works fine with Netflix USA.

Advertisement