Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Website Review

• 13-07-2012 11:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

I have just finished building my web design/photography portfolio website. I was looking for something that would look appealing to the user.
    I am also currently looking to break into an IT position (just finished college) and I am planning to put the website on my CV so prospective employers will see this site as a representation of my work.

The website is a database-driven build, with a custom-built back-end to manage the admin side of things and allow features like adding images etc.

I would like feedback on anything you feel is appropriate, particularly the areas of page loads, how the site appears on your browser and the design in general.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 twimkat

Think it looks gorgeous. Well done you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Blue Bubble

Hi there. Well done with the website.

I love the overall simplicity and layout. Nice overall style. Clean structure and an easy to remember logo.
    Page load times are very fast, your call to action is well placed and has all the details for a good click through rate.

Overall it's neat, easy on the eyes and simple to navigate. I wish you all the best with it in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Some points:

Width is 1150px which is too big.

Colour scheme is a bit bland and almost everything is oversized.

No RBN, reqd.

No postal address.

No 404 page.

Little use of branding for social media links.

Unstyled submit buttons.

Email and website addresses unlinked and email with [AT].

Sales techniques need to be worked on.

What's with the search being images only? Four of your image categories have no images.

Weird favicon.

Nice photos.

hth/gl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

tricky D wrote: »
    Some points:

What's with the search being images only? Four of your image categories have no images.

hth/gl

Thanks for the input guys. The search is images only as it is the largest area on the website. If someone was looking for something on the website (not photography related) they could probably find it within two clicks or on the sitemap.

I have a LARGE backlog of images to go through and redo to suit this design. I have most of them prepped - Just have to pay a nephew to input them all for me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Looks nice enough, but I'd say reduce the body font size a few pts, and that homepage banner too. I feel like my face is pressed up against the screen when I look at it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement