Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for old or damaged carpets and heavy curtains

Options
  • 14-07-2012 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi there

Im making bit of a band practice room and I'm in need of old carpets and heavy curtains to cover the walls.

Anyone know good places to try, some charity shops perhaps? Nothing on local carboot sale though.

Trying to do this lowest cost possible, maybe some people here got some of the above somewhere in the attic and wouldnt mind to part with it for few quids or (and) sake of getting rid of it?

Thanks up front for any help :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Contact some of the local carpet stores,I'm sure they'll have some stuff they'd only be too happy to be rid of especially old carpets which have been replaced & brought back to the store by fitters,these end up in the skip so I reckon they'd let you have some.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

the Cancer Charity shop in Rosslare Harbour has loads of curtains, I'll check stocks in ross tomorrow morning

I have a couple of pairs of long curtains and a few rugs here in Ross, will cut you a deal on them

Have something that may be of interest to the OP
    2 carlsbro speakers and an amp
    213648.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭dinomite

I've a couple of old carpets in the garage from having removed a couple of months ago to put in wooden floors. they are not very thick though, but may do the job. Let me know if you want to collect - wellingtonbridge area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Riddim Bandit

Hey guys, thx for all the replies, unfortunately I got the mix up with the practice room and probably gonna have to postpone till I-dont-know-when-exactly :(.

But thanks a mil!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Riddim Bandit

Back on track with practice room so just gonna bump it up.

Got something in the attic? Seen something iin you local charity shop? Let me know :)

Have loads in rosslare, we're having a sale tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭chickey

got a new carpet last week, old one had a 2nd carpet underneath, fitter cut them into rolls about 3ft wide - you would be more than welcome to the lot, in Wexford town if suits ya

Advertisement