Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My first concept of a plane

• 14-07-2012 12:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭

I recently designed this and just thought I'd post it here for feedback. This is my first real concept of a plane.

It's no Boeing 747, you might see, I have admitted as much in its name, and the paintwork could do with a bit of improvement perhaps ( I must admit, I'm not qualified in that department, so for a final concept somebody would have to be brought in to touch it up a little bit, if anyone is qualified in this department that could advise me that would be great), but other than that I think it is quite good.

I think you'll agree, it's come a long way since its orginal conception. So while it's not the finished article, I thought I'd get some feedback here before revealing it to a bigger market. Anyway, any feedback at all would be much appreciated, thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

I'd lose the smoke: it won't help passenger confidence.

Apart from that, it looks great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭Heckler

Seems legit. I'll finance. Just send me your bank details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

A purple plane?!?! Don't be ridiculous OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭The_Thing

I reckon O'Leary will shortly put in an order for the first 25 off the production line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

It looks like a flying knob.

No offence :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I'm starting my own airline shortly. I think I will go with you for our tender, can you provide 45 of these beauties by Christmas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

It needs some racing stripes.
    Everything looks better with stripes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

And there was me expecting to see you hanging doors :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Howard Hughes is the man for the test run.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,661 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

KeithM89 wrote: »
    It needs some racing stripes.
    Everything looks better with stripes.

and speed holes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

You sure thats not a sanitary towel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I'd lose the smoke: it won't help passenger confidence.

Apart from that, it looks great.

Why thank you. Re the smoke, I thought someone might mistake it for that, it's just some chemtrails
    The_Thing wrote: »
    I reckon O'Leary will shortly put in an order for the first 25 off the production line.

I wouldn't go that far just yet, there's a lot more work to do just yet, and I wouldn't let O'Leary get involved with it.

As to why it's purple, I talked to some people, and they very much assured me that purple is in right now, so I'll be sticking to it.

Where To wrote: »
    It looks like a flying knob.

No offence :)

I haven't see any flying knobs before, so I couldn't comment. However I'll take that advice onboard.

Why did I find that so funny??

I'm starting my own airline shortly. I think I will go with you for our tender, can you provide 45 of these beauties by Christmas?

While I thank you for your enthuaism, I doubt your readiness to start an airline when you're so rearing to jump into business with somebody without even seeing some numbers. It is a concept after all, and as one poster has so kindly reminded me, I have forgotten to include doors on the plane, a minor detail for myself, but important to some.
    In fact, it may be the first plane of its kind where the passengers don't go through a door, but use the windows.I will have to widen the windows and make them electric to allow this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭ElectroJazz

I recently designed this and just thought I'd post it here for feedback. This is my first real concept of a plane.

So this is what has become of our Friday nights. :(

So this is what has become of our Friday nights. :(

I lead a serious life, it's not all party party, jazz jazz, for some people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,475 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Offer €1.99 for 50% of your aircraft company. Should you accept, I will be all over you in an effort to ensure my investment pays out.

mickdw wrote: »
    Offer €1.99 for 50% of your aircraft company. Should you accept, I will be all over you in an effort to ensure my investment pays out.

That's a rather low offering for a start, and far too premature. Plus, I won't take euros, too unknown at this point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭ElectroJazz

I lead a serious life, it's not all party party, jazz jazz, for some people.

and neither for me, that name is just for show :(
    I usually spend my Friday nights crawling through message boards on the lookout for people interested in discussing their ideas on potential airplane designs, I got lucky tonight. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Dear Santa .......I will take 20. Just send me your sort code and bank details

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

What do you get when you cross a paedophile and a pirate?

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Kelly

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

While I thank you for your enthuaism, I doubt your readiness to start an airline when you're so rearing to jump into business with somebody without even seeing some numbers. It is a concept after all, and as one poster has so kindly reminded me, I have forgotten to include doors on the plane, a minor detail for myself, but important to some.
    In fact, it may be the first plane of its kind where the passengers don't go through a door, but use the windows.I will have to widen the windows and make them electric to allow this.

Not a problem, As a visonary entrepreneur I believe in you. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

Blondini wrote: »

And now its over to Ollie for the weather

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Blondini wrote: »

And now its over to Ollie for the weather
    Someone's been watching family guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

Why did I find that so funny??

Beer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Play Boeing and Airbus off each other and see how much you can get.

You're gonna be rich bro.

While I thank you for making my plane airbourne and put in perspective, so I apply improvements in a correct way I shall not have it associated with such acts of destruction. It would be like somebody submitting a car conception for public view and then super-imposing it into the some treasuered monument, like the wall of China.Now perhaps that is an awful analogy but so is putting my aircraft so low. It demeans the Plane and leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
    Sir.

Advertisement