Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closing Accounts / Poor Customer Service

Options
  • 14-07-2012 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi,

I requested to close my two accounts (savings + deposit) at Lower Baggot street branch in person and all the paper work was in order. As i am abroad, I flew from Stockholm to Dublin especially to do this in person in order to avoid any confusions or delays. Now, the indicated closing date has been passed for the first account (7 days notice) and my account is still open!!! And Last week, I have relocated to New Zealand so my savings are my primary funding source, i need them without any delay and i can't access them due to bank's faults!!

I contacted the Baggot street branch yesterday (twice, morning and evening!) and the support said they don't deal with savings so bank will call me back; but got no call back or acknowledgement during the day. At this stage, i am forced to consider making a formal complaint and get my funds out as soon as possible.

I am a Bank of Ireland customer for 13 years - current, saving and deposit accounts - with clean credit history and now seriously considering leaving the bank for good due to extremely poor service. Couple of months ago, I had to repeatedly call to different personnel in my branch for an address change as they "lost" my address change form! These incidents are becoming so frequent and frustrating especially since when i am abroad and telephone is only medium of contact, and this is completely unacceptable level of service.

Please advice what to do?

Regards,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi 100,

Sincerest apologies for the poor experience you've had. Can you please PM us with your name and contact phone number so we can arrange for someone from the Baggot Street branch to call you directly to discuss your account?

Thanks very much,
    Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 29 100

Hi 100,

Sincerest apologies for the poor experience you've had. Can you please PM us with your name and contact phone number so we can arrange for someone from the Baggot Street branch to call you directly to discuss your account?

Thanks very much,
    Graham

Thanks for taking time to reply; I have sent the PM with my contact details. Also note, i have send the fax copies of original instructions addressed to Baggot Street Manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

You're very welcome. You should receive a call from your Customer Service Manager today.

If there's anything else we can help you with, please let us know.
    Thanks,
    Graham

Advertisement