Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Murdered Priest permanent bloodstain

Options
  • 14-07-2012 12:27am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 921 ✭✭✭

My brother mentioned to me recently that a Priest shot and killed outside Strabane left a bloodstain etched permanently into the spot he was killed on, that no amount of cleaning or years passed fades it. Has anyone heard of that? Never occurred to me to ask him when it happened but I'm assuming it was during the conflict.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

I've also heard of this happening on roads where people have been killed in car accidents. The blood stains wouldn't budge even years after the accidents took place. Tbh, I've never seen years-old blood stains on a road where an accident took place. Maybe a month or so at most.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

I wouldn't discount the possibility that, in the case of the Strabane priest, it may have been a stunt, i.e. people were continuously topping it up to make it seem permanent. I've heard a surprising amount of weird, supposedly paranormal **** went on during the troubles, at least some of which was proven to be hoaxes. If I find the links, I'll certainly post them, because it was really fascinating stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

The grass woulnd't grow over a republican grave where the bullet holes where on his body.
    Wish I could remember more from this story.

Its a common theme, i stayed in a place were monks were killed 100s of years ago. There was still blood there. Thanks to my cousin who studies medical science, he tasted it and confirmed it was not blood, i left some permanent puke stains.

Another thing to remember is that chemical police use to find blood stains under UV light. I saw a documentary on people buying houses now knowing a murder had taken place. Once couple was watching a documentary on a murder were shocked to see their house pop up on the TV. So they had experts come in and do this chemical search for blood stains. Needless to say, the bathroom was covered . They bath was covered.

I want to see this again, will check youtube.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

Tbh, I've never seen years-old blood stains on a road where an accident took place. Maybe a month or so at most.

No. It can stain for years. It depends on temperature, how much blood, the kind of concrete etc.

I know this because I made a big blood stain on some concrete and it was still there years later...........It was my own blood. I didn't kill anyone.

Tarmac there won't be a stain - but concrete can and will stain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

krd wrote: »
    No. It can stain for years. It depends on temperature, how much blood, the kind of concrete etc.

I know this because I made a big blood stain on some concrete and it was still there years later...........It was my own blood. I didn't kill anyone.

Tarmac there won't be a stain - but concrete can and will stain.

A likely story.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

The grass woulnd't grow over a republican grave where the bullet holes where on his body.
    Wish I could remember more from this story.

lol, god i love these tall tales

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

Dave! wrote: »
    A likely story.

No person has ever died in my presence...except from Adult Sudden Death Syndrome. Where an adult drops suddenly dead for no good reason. Or anything that can be proven in a court of law.

I swear.

DannyGallagher.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

fryup wrote: »

It was on TV one time. They did a test on the soil and radiation tests but couldn't find an explanation. There's documentary somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

krd wrote: »
    No person has ever died in my presence...except from Adult Sudden Death Syndrome. Where an adult drops suddenly dead for no good reason. Or anything that can be proven in a court of law.

I swear.

DannyGallagher.JPG

Danny Gallagher? He lives down the road from my home place:D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Border-Rat

fryup wrote: »

I know of local graves where the grass refuses to grow in a perfect outline. Of course, there's stories attached to whoever owns the grave/s too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Reoil

Photos? Proof?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

how is a photo proof?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

the post you're answering doesn't say a photo is proof, it asks for "photos? proof?".

photos would at least show that there is a stain there for a start and give us an idea of what we're talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

a photo will show whatever the photographer wants it to show. Its not really that hard to imagine what a human shaped marking of no growth would look like. There is no link in my book between photos and proof, considering how easy it is to either dress up whats being photographed, or editing it afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

maccored wrote: »
    a photo will show whatever the photographer wants it to show. Its not really that hard to imagine what a human shaped marking of no growth would look like. There is no link in my book between photos and proof, considering how easy it is to either dress up whats being photographed, or editing it afterwards.

not necessarily any link between photos and proof in my book either.

that does not mean a photo would not be interesting to give some context

anyway, i thought we were talking about a blood stain here..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Reoil

maccored wrote: »
    how is a photo proof?

I didn't say it was. They were separated by question marks.
    But a photo would help let people give their opinion.
    Proof could entail getting DNA from the blood/liquid if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭mummymoo

yep when i was young my friend who lived round the corner from me stood on a load of broken glass in bare feet, in a panic she came over to my house and left a big patch of blood on the concrete outside my house and it was there for years later until my parents built a new porch and tiled over it lol! used to creep me out, ps: my friend did live with 3 stitches only :L

Advertisement