Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WANTED - LARGE + SPACIOUS EXOTIC HOTEL ROOM IN DUBLIN CITY CENTER

Options
  • 14-07-2012 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭

Need this for a shoot. La Stampa Juniour suites would be ideal, but pricey as it's just to rent for a shoot and I'm not sure if hotels rent out large rooms for a day JUST for fashion shoot. Budget is about 100 max. Again, not staying over, just using it fort fashion shoot for the day.

Thanks.

p.s was lookin at Morgan penthouse, but that's 1000 p/n. But again, it's just for day rental.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I don't know of any hotels in Dublin that allow people to book them for less than the standard 'night'.

I think lots of people would be interested in booking them for a couple of hours for a 'fashion shoot' or whatnot.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭malene

The penthouse at the morgan hotel would be ideal too, but I'll see what they say.

la stampa as well is fab looking, but they won't budge on price, even on a mon-thur when it would be quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

Does it have to be a hotel room? Their Mezz bar is in the same style and they may be more willing to let you use that for an hour or two in the early afternoon than a room.

You can see a couple of 360's of the Mezz bar here:
    http://www.virtualvisit-dublin.com/gallery.aspx?dataid=505648&id=4517&title=Bars

Otherwise some of hotels that are in financial trouble may be more willing to help you out. The Burlington and the Grand Canal both come to mind but their decor wouldn't be 'exotic'.

Hiya, there'sbit of lingerie in the shoot as well, so I doubt he can do it in the bar, a big room would be ideal. Morgan penthouse has been contacted, he'll await a reply, but his budget is low, but to rent on a tues,wed or thur, u would think hotels would jump at the chance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Yillan

malene wrote: »
    Hiya, there'sbit of lingerie in the shoot as well, so I doubt he can do it in the bar, a big room would be ideal. Morgan penthouse has been contacted, he'll await a reply, but his budget is low, but to rent on a tues,wed or thur, u would think hotels would jump at the chance?

Can't imagine hotels with large spacious exotic rooms will be jumping at the chance to earn €100

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭eimear10

The Glasshouse in Sligo town center have exotic bedrooms . Theyre either bright green or bright orange. And its only 2 and a half hours on the train. and they would def let u rent out the room for the day!!!

Has to be Dublin, logistically

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I think your budget is unrealistic.

Yep his probably is, but he's amateur, and just starting out. And he's not charging the models, he's doing it TFP. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Aren't models usually paid for their work, rather than the other way round?

He might have better luck seeing if anyone who has a nice house would let him rent it for a couple of hours, I doubt hotels would be that interested in a hundred quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Ok, so your budget isn't great.
    I think you need offer more to the hotel, unless of course you find a nice owner who understands your position and is willing to help.
    What is the shoot being used for?
    If it'd appear in a magazine or something, mention to the hotel owner that you'll give them mention / coverage etc..
    If you're a photographer, could you take some shots of the hotel or something for some promo work for them?
    Don't email - ring / call into te hotel and meet the marketing manager / manager if possible and discuss what you need. Stress you won't be making a mess and hopefully they'll be willing to work something.

all valid points, I'll pass them on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

The Gibson behind the O2? Can be booked for €99. Maybe not penthouse suite standard but large rooms and quite 'exotic' in that it has rooms with patio doors opening onto a garden. You'll find pics on all the usual hotel booking sites.

Ben D Bus wrote: »
    The Gibson behind the O2? Can be booked for €99. Maybe not penthouse suite standard but large rooms and quite 'exotic' in that it has rooms with patio doors opening onto a garden. You'll find pics on all the usual hotel booking sites.

gibson said they charge 100 p/h for use of room, unrealistic !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

The Beacon Hotel in Sandyford - it's the sister hotel of the Morgan and is 80 euro per night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

amdublin wrote: »
    I think your budget is unrealistic.

Also insurance is an issue. Any damage has to be paid for by you and burden of proof is not on the supplier.

Needs to be city cener and as regards insurance, nothing will be hardly touched so there'l definitely be no damage. I did find one place, but it will cost him 150, so he might stretch to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,312 ✭✭✭markpb

Needs to be city center

Your friend has some very specific requirements there :)

I knoe, lol he carries loads of stuff with him and just doesn't want to be hauling it too far.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I knoe, lol he carries loads of stuff with him and just doesn't want to be hauling it too far.

Not with his 100 quid budget anyway...who is this superstar of fashion,Gok Wan?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

gibson said they charge 100 p/h for use of room, unrealistic !

Only if you tell them what you're doing ;)

He found a place, but went up to 150, so that's a bit extra dole money he can't afford, but it had to be done. He's a bit of a herb ritts wannabe, so good luck to him, hope it works out.

Advertisement