Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magick spells

Options
  • 14-07-2012 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

I read there's a regular witches/wiccan coven in my native County Clare and I'm thinking of going along just because I love experiencing new things, however wacky they sound.

Does you know anyone that has supposedly cast a spell successfully, and if so, what was it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

Considering the kind of thing most of the 'spells' I've seen are for, they're mostly likely to work by giving the caster the right confidence and state of mind to go for it, like with a love spell, success spell etc. Literally, wishful thinking, sympathetic magic. At least, that's my opinion.

You might be better off asking in the Paganism forum, good few Wiccans and the like there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

Look on the Wayback Machine of the Internet Archive. There's an archived website called Why Wiccans Suck (it's a rant on "fluff bunny" Wiccans). In the links section there will be a link to another archived site called "Witchcraft From the Ground Up".

This will basically teach you everything you need to know about getting in the right frame of mind and raising energy, from a completely secular, occult point of view.

Magic is basically using the power of the mind, the tools used are just to help the mind focus (symbols, candles, whatever). It requires being able to use altered states. Learning to cast a spell is going to take time as you sort of have to "exercise" your mind with meditation.

Just have a read of the tutorial and see if it makes sense to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭ratticus

Godot: What makes you think that a coven would invite you along, just because you like experiencing 'wacky' new things?

Advertisement