Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If you travelled back to Medievel times with an Ipad and Iphone what would happen?

• 14-07-2012 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

Lets say you time traveled to medieval times in a time machine.

You brought with you an Apple Ipad and Iphone and maybe a watch and lighter.

Would you be able to explain to the medieval people what they are and what they are used for? Would they think you are a witch?

I spelt Medieval wrong,i know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

You would be raped for your ass gold, that's what!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Witch! Burn him!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Temporary Dub

Would you be able to explain to the medieval people what they are and what they are used for? Would they think you are a witch?

The bloody battery would go

It'd be hard to explain to them what it was used for without any WiFi around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

Don't think the internet connection was great back then so they'd be pretty useless!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭spankysue

They might think you're on crack.... I do ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Hung Drawn and Quartered, They would be amazed to see these items. But obviously they would run out of battery power and then the King would run out of patience and off to the gallows with you, Sir.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Seriously though, could you teach them anything?

We all know planes can fly, Electricity can be generated by carbon/nuclear/hydro and wind, guns can shot bullets,combustion engines can make things go really fast etc etc.

But how many of us can practically tell them how these things happen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

you wouldnt be able to ring mizzoni's

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

You'd be dead I guess or held prisoner for the rest of your days for the sheer lunacy of which you do profess.

• Advertisement

They wouldn't work though (Ipad and iPhone), without power and all that. So they'd think I'm an idiot. The watch might get some praise, the lighter not so much.... You know how a lighter works right..?

Also I'm a man, so I wouldn't be thought of as a witch, wizard or sorcerer maybe. I'm going to bed, why the hell did I post this reply...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

You'd be a heretic and be put to death?

Seriously though, could you teach them anything?

We all know planes can fly, Electricity can be generated by carbon/nuclear/hydro and wind, guns can shot bullets,combustion engines can make things go really fast etc etc.

But how many of us can practically tell them how these things happen?

I've got a pretty decent general knowledge on all those things but scale and politics would be a big hurdle to development. Imagine trying to convince some 16th century spice trader that some metal only found in China is really useful and people don't care about spices or how to build all the ships needed for trade etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

I'd say they would be a lot more interested in the time machine you arrived in. Personally I'd bring some heavy weaponry and change the course of history. Let's see how long the Vikings last on Irish soil when they meet my M16!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

You'd show them to the first two goms you met in some godforsaken village, and be totally knackered walking to the next one to show them. They would then offer to swap them for a turnip to eat, and you'd accept. They'd feed them to the pigs. Priorities and all that. BTW, hurry up and come. You might stop with the fapping then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

I've got a pretty decent general knowledge on all those things but scale and politics would be a big hurdle to development. Imagine trying to convince some 16th century spice trader that some metal only found in China is really useful and people don't care about spices or how to build all the ships needed for trade etc.

My cat's name is Mittens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I assume it would be like this

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OMARS_COMING_

mr.jingle wrote: »
    Don't think the internet connection was great back then so they'd be pretty useless!

What is it with everyone saying there would ne no internet connection but they have no problem playing along with the fact that they just used a time travel machine to travel back in time?

What i would do i bring many batteries in a bag,also i would use the time machine as a kinda of portal that stayed open and i would relay wifi through the portal to my Iproducts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭BornToKill

D'oh! Everyone knows you have to travel naked through a time machine. Silly billy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭LoYL

Christ the crap threads the Higgs Boson has loosed on the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Dartz

You'd quickly find that in medieval times, a pile of flaming ******s meant something entirely different than it does today....

:p

Riling the clergy in the 13th century was a dangerous occupation. Although some would be fascinated by the mysterious trinket.... more than a few would see it as a threat to their dominance.

What is it with everyone saying there would ne no internet connection but they have no problem playing along with the fact that they just used a time travel machine to travel back in time?

What i would do i bring many batteries in a bag,also i would use the time machine as a kinda of portal that stayed open and i would relay wifi through the portal to my Iproducts.

Well to answer a hypothetical ya kinda have to accept the conditions in the question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

they would probably laugh at how much gold u paid for those useless things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭clashburke

burn as a witch many times

apple stuff is **** now never mid years ago!!!!

A large machine gun with lots of Ammo would be of more significance!!!

God Love The United Republic Of the Irish Diaspora!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

What you would have done sir is brought two paper weights or "stones" with you, perhaps traveling to the stone age would suit better...

And you have a time traveling device, what the hell are you doing using an Iphone :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭clashburke

I wrote a grand reply to end this thread and it did save!!

God Dam Your Pre-Zombie-World:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭SdoowSirhc

I assume it would be like this

Did he take 3 shots without reloading?:P SORCERY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Tazio

The bloody battery would go

Initially I though that too... But a Delorean has a ciggy lighter so you could recharge them..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

I'd punch you in the face

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

It would be pretty useless with the exception of your music collection (which may be pretty useless in itself as well).

Advertisement