Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is Messi the best ever or does he have to do it for Argentina first?

• 14-07-2012 2:29am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭

I think he is the best professional footballer ever. I know many agree. But alot disagree. I know alot of people say he won't have the status of Maradona unless he wins a world cup with Argentina and plays that key role. I think that is harsh. I think it's wrong. For the simple fact that Argentina are not a team of Lionel Messis and he can't carry them alone.

What do you think? Do you think his status is not the best until he does wonders for Argentina in a major tournament? Remember he has only scored one goal in a world cup - that was back in 2006.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Pretty sure this has been done so many times before.

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Underground

21535.GIF

Seriously though, this has been done to death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,721 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

no - Maradonna won a world cup and Seria A, nearly on his own

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Do you just spend all week thinking of ridiculous threads to start?

Your Iniesta one the other day was a car crash.

Not gonna bother answering the question. It's been done over and over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Stop with the threads!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Is darkman2 the worst ever thread creator in the history of the soccer forum?

I would have to say yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Nothing if not consistent in terms of time and content, fair play darkman :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I thought Iniesta was the best ever?

Or was that your thread for last week?

Anyway.................I love this song, love to play it, love to listen to it, just love it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Doesn't do quite enough tracking back for me yet, I mean where was he for Torres' goal against his team in the semi final this season. You want your great players to be helping out at the back, unsure if he can be called the best ever until he amends this major issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Fight_Night

Has been done to death but ah sure what's the harm:

For me club football is at a higher standard to international football so that is where you will see a player at his best. However to be the best ever in most people's eyes, yeah he'll probably need to have a great world cup.

• Advertisement

kryogen wrote: »
    Anyway.................I love this song, love to play it, love to listen to it, just love it.

I prefer this Goo Goo song. A classic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I prefer this Goo Goo song. A classic.

Great tune. Haven't heard it in a few years now, cheers for that.

On a serious note, Maradona carried an international team on his back to a world cup, he carried an even worse Napoli team on his back to Serie A, he played in the days of the real hatchet men of football.

Messi plays in a Barcelona team that is great without him, and as of yet he has not lifted Argentina beyond their level.

This is not a popular opinion these days, but in my eyes Maradona is still the barometer for this discussion. And I hate this best ever discussion as it is

Iris is excellent, a little too obvious though, bit of love for

?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I like Messi. He plays the footsballs good.

kryogen wrote: »
    Iris is excellent, a little too obvious though, bit of love for

Nice song. I'll admit right now I have very limited knowledge of them.

On the issue of Goo Goos I'm gonna post a song by Kajagoogoo aka Roy Keane's favourite band.

I got that information off the Gift Grub skit they did with him a few years ago so it may not be accurate any more.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Yeah, I don't see a future for this thread that cannot be discussed or hasn't already been discussed in numerous Messi/Ronaldo threads. Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement