Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things boards users do that make little sense?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

Posting a youtube video that isn't related to the topic that's being discussed.

sorry off topic but is any one else getting a white screen when trying to play youtube vids on boards?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

sorry off topic but is any one else getting a white screen when trying to play youtube vids on boards?
    Nope. Its playing fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭bridgetown1

Posters starting a thread to ask a question that is easily answerable by checking google or wikipedia.

Have you ever been asked a question in a pub, a question which could be easily answered with wifi access on a smartphone? Do you tell the questioner to **** Off and check Google?

Probably not.

Conversation is good. Interaction is good. And the same applies in forums such as this. If everybody just checked Google instead of actually asking a question life would be very dull.

And Quiet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Have you ever been asked a question in a pub, a question which could be easily answered with wifi access on a smartphone? Do you tell the questioner to **** Off and check Google?
    Crap analogy.
    Conversation is good. Interaction is good. And the same applies in forums such as this. If everybody just checked Google instead of actually asking a question life would be very dull.
    Discussions are good. Finding some random fact for someone who can't be fecked to look up for some unimportant triviality isn't good conversation or interaction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

When people put the post they're replying to after their reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

YLYL3 has become a competition on who can post the images from 9gag and reddit faster.

Posters who sign their posts with their name.
    I know who you are, I can see it on the left, why do you feel it necessary to write it on every single post!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Posters who sign their posts with their name.
    I know who you are, I can see it on the left, why do you feel it necessary to write it on every single post!?

This. It's not your last will and testament you're writing, a full stop will do grand!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

This is actually one Im guilty of sometimes.. Quoting a really long post. Ok if it's not clear which poster you're replying to, but sometimes it's obvious yet people still do it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

People ranting about political correctness/freedom of speech whenever somebody calls them out on their bullsh!t, and using the "it's just my opinion!" card to excuse some really stupid statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

People creating a false dichotomy between ultra conservative nutjob racist and zany pinko commie loony leftists. I think in reality most people fall somewhat in the middle of most issues, there's just a vocal minority who like to characterise anyone who doesn't agree with them as falling into one of the above two categories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

people who can't resize images so that the page then spreads across likeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee thisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Piste wrote: »
    People creating a false dichotomy between ultra conservative nutjob racist and zany pinko commie loony leftists.

People who use polysyllables. :mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Nothing really annoys me, I don't take the time to be annoyed, and I love Boards :). The only thing I don't like seeing is groupthink (moral or otherwise) and then, even worse, the camaraderous (no it's not a word), back patting allusion to the very same groupthink.

Fuck you groupthink.

fuck you groupthink
    /echo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Foggy.nelson

Any thread involving league of Ireland everyone is right and wrong and down each others throats yet they all want the same thing a decent football league

And while not exclusive boards my gf wouldnt stop goin on about TED the movie, when I told her what it was about (a talking bear) and that the creators of family guy/American dad etc wrote it she wasn't interested... In seriously thinking of breaking up with her, sorry this should be for relationship issues

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I don't like when someone comes along and gives some vacant reply that contributed nothing and then says /thread.

/thread in general. You don't say that the thread is done, whatever you said probably wasn't that good. People that do this at the start of threads baffle me. It's such a fourteen year old thing to do.. Maybe that's the answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Shryke wrote: »
    ...a fourteen year old thing to do.. Maybe that's the answer.

Sleaze.

One word posts.
    Post-post edit: You just did that! This wasn't aimed at you! Coincidence! *runs*

Advertisement