Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Defacto Visa Application

Options
  • 14-07-2012 5:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

Just looking for anyone's experience with this area.

My GF applied for her sponsorship visa there about 1 1/2 months ago. I did not put in my defacto application with hers as I was not sure if I was staying in Melbourne at the time. I have since decided to remain in Melbourne to stay and was wondering is it much hassle to put in my application now? Or is it best to wait until hers has gone through?

We have our joint back a/c and are living together etc.

Has anyone got any experience in submitting a defacto application after the sponsored person has put theirs through first?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭karl bracken

After the visa is decided it would be harder id imagine, we just had a baby and putting her on as a dependent before the visa is decided is easier, now we have to put in another application
    It also just looks dodgy that your deciding to go defacto now, whatever the reason im sure they have heard some fantastic stories
    There big into letters about how you met and your future plans together so if you could get one off your boss saying he thought he had no work but now he does and you thought you were going home so you never bother, that would look good i think

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭ellaq

It is becoming more common to add family after the initial sponsorship. Some companies will not allow the family to be added to a 457 visa until a 3 month trial has been completed.
    So long as you can proof it is a genuine defacto relationship. They might question why you chose not to be added to it intially.

Advertisement