Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MT's Weather Forecast - UK Version?

• 14-07-2012 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

I know MT posts on a UK weather site, but don't know which one. Could someone kindly point me there and if he does a similar thread to this one.....looking for forecast for North Wales.

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Hello ... I do occasionally post forecasts on Weatherchat Plus but this summer we are just updating weekly outlooks that are not very detailed.

For North Wales in the next week or two, you could pretty much go with the Dublin forecast, it may be a bit different at times but there are no really different scenarios developing on either side of the Irish Sea.

In general, I think this week will be rather showery and variable but the following week might be better. Depending on which side of Anglesey you are talking about, there could be a fairly warm southerly downsloping wind at times in the week following (22-28 July).

If you want to drop me a PM I could give you further details. -- MTC

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Golden Horde

Thanks for that MTC.

Just holidaying here for a couple of weeks and missed having a detailed daily
    forecast as well as an outlook to get my hopes up of warmer weather.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

today is st switans day, excuse spelling, and people are saying that if it rains on this day, it will rain for the next forty days,
    well it is raining here,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

goat2 wrote: »
    today is st switans day, excuse spelling, and people are saying that if it rains on this day, it will rain for the next forty days,
    well it is raining here,

Dry here so far :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭wildefalcon

I wonder if MT would be willing to pop a forecast into the UK page on the regional forum - perhaps even once a week showing the outlook. I appreciate that the UK is a longer geographical region but it would be nice as his forecasts are superb, much better than the BBC coverage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

goat2 wrote: »
    well it is raining here,

Ah yeh definitely gonna rain for next 40 days so.

legends legends legends :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

I appreciate that the UK is a longer geographical region but it would be nice as his forecasts are superb, much better than the BBC coverage.

Longer, much longer, just bigger & a more varied climate I guess . . . .

uk_map_cropped.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Okay, starting this week, we will have a section after the Irish forecast and before the North American forecast to be labelled the UK Regional Forecast ... as I don't want to get into any political O'Donnell-brooks I will continue my previous practice of forecasting for all of Ulster in the Irish forecast. So my regions will be all parts of Great Britain. I would imagine that one or two readers from the Isle of Man (who post here occasionally) have already determined that an Irish forecast is not miles off for them when it mentions regional differences, but now they will get a more directed forecast in this new package. This won't be much extra work for me because I used to place similar forecasts on Weatherchat Plus -- that sort of died out because our weekly outlooks seemed to be satisfactory for the regulars there (I share that weekly outlook duty with another forum member).

Maybe the people who run boards.ie should think about starting a new venture in the UK, like boards.uk or whatever ... I don't think there is anything quite as comprehensive as this in the UK, unless you want to count the BBC forums, which is where I got into UK weather originally (but that weather forum went basically down the tubes around 2006). Net-weather, which I joined shortly afterwards, is a large weather forum in the UK that has many general interest forums so it has a bit of the same feel as boards.ie, but it grew into that from a weather base, and probably has only one or two per cent of the membership that something like "boards UK" might have. I don't forecast on Net-weather except once or twice a year I might post a thread if there's a big storm event. That is another place you could look for UK forecasts and I think you'll find them pretty decent.

Anyway, look for my UK forecasts in the forecast thread.

Thank you.

Oh, and I agree - the UK needs boards.co.uk!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Thank you.

Oh, and I agree - the UK needs boards.co.uk!

+1

Thanks MT for adding the UK to your daily forecasts - much appreciated!

• Advertisement

Severn Valley!

Yay.

Thank you MT! First time I've heard that region identified in a Met report (it's NOT Wales, It's NOT south west England! It's NOT the Midlands).

Advertisement