Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things to do in two weeks

• 14-07-2012 10:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13

Hey guys,

Basically I'm just finished college, and I've been fortunate enough to get a full-time job starting at the end of September. I'm wondering if their is anything you would like to do in two weeks of freedom. Financial constraints as always would restrict me from travelling very far

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ok, so where are you know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13 lolz90

Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

If i had two weeks free, i'd pretend that September was six weeks away, kick back and stop asking the internet questions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

lolz90 wrote: »
    Dublin
    Of course

Try seeing Ulster by car, it's nice in the summer, particularly the Glens of Antrim and the coast line.
    And it's not too far from you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Skellig Michael in Kerry

I've never done it but it looks a fantastic thing to do

Sure go spend a few days in Kerry, use a hostel is money is tight. If you want a B&B then haggle hard, never accept their quoted rate.
    Grand if a gang of ye go or if you just go on your own

They are buses for day trips, lots of options

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

you can get a return bus to Galway for a tenner with Gobus. Highly recommend it! plenty of cheap hostels to stay in. Great city for a break - with the arts festival, there's plenty of street entertainment and free stuff without spending anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

Discover Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

Just sign on for a couple of months and sit at home all day posting on boards in your pants* :cool:

*what brand it is is entirely up to you

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,593 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Open a chicken catching service.

Buy a load of chickens (real ones) and then release them into Dundrum shopping centre.

Offer service to catch them all.

Repeat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

starting at the end of September.

you do realise that 2 weeks from now is the end of July right? Then there is still august and september.

I think I'd spend 2 weeks brushing up on my months of the year and then 2 months having some fun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13 lolz90

If you read my original post you will see that I said I am just finished college. I still have a few things to finish up before I am officially finished.

Why the aggression man? It's a decent Saturday morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

OP there's 101 thing on. Irish strength assoc. are doing events free or nearly free to watch. Or one of the powerlifting world champs.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭david_etc

wexie wrote: »
    you do realise that 2 weeks from now is the end of July right? Then there is still august and september.

I think I'd spend 2 weeks brushing up on my months of the year and then 2 months having some fun

No need to be a dick.

Anyway OP, what have you seen in Ireland? Like there's loads of stuff to do, Cliffs of Moher etc.

There is also probably gonna be a gaff at the legendary G Con's at some point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

If you read my original post you will see that I said I am just finished college. I still have a few things to finish up before I am officially finished.

Why the aggression man? It's a decent Saturday morning
    It's missing a word. I read "just finished college" as that meaning that you "have just finished college" – in other words, you are done completely – whereas I think you meant it as "just about finished college".

It's ambiguous and needs the extra word to clarify. Don't really any agression in their post; I read it the same way they did. :cool:

Advertisement